Black Spirituality Religion : Bashing religion is easy, but Creating Black Unity is hard

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ankhur, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Like we see over and over, the problems and hell the Black community is dealing with and will face in the new year is driven under the bus while we glorify Willie Lynch.

As a Christian my best friends at work were aetheists, humanists, communists, and free thinkers.

I was the one who advised them to see Zeitgeist, when most had not heard of it.
    http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

I was the one who told them to read all of Dr Ben's books
    http://www.africawithin.com/jochannan/drben_books.htm
    and brother Jack Felders books on the falsify of the holidays.

I also told folks about Acharya S
    http://tbknews.blogspot.com/
    when they had no idea of who she was, and Jordan Maxwellhttp://www.jordanmaxwell.com/
    who they did not know from Maxwell house coffee.

BUT YOU SEE THE ARMCHAIR REVOLUTIONARIES WHO ONLY TALK AND HAVE NOT DONE COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER WORK IN ANY MAJOR CITY OR EVEN ON THIER OWN BLOCK FOR OVER 20 YEARS,
    or even 20 minutes

ARE UNABLE TO TELL YOU THAT IT HAS BEEN THE CHURCHES THAT HOUSE;

THE TUTORING PROGRAMS, (REV YOUNGBLOOD AND PRACTICALLY EVERY MAJOR BLACK CURCH IN BROOKLYN

THE PRISON OUTREACH PROGRAMS

THE FOOD PANTRIES

THE SUPPORT GROUPS FOR BATTERED WOMEN

THE SUPPORT GROUPS FOR PREGNANT TEENS, (YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, NOT A MIS[PRINT)

THE FREE HEALTH SCREENING CENTERS ( AND NO THEY ARE NOT PROMITING THE VACCINES)

THE BLACK HISTORY CLASSES, (REV DAUGHTRY)

AND HOSTING FOLKS LIKE;

DR MARIMBA ANI

DR JOY DEGRUY

DR AMOS WILSON

MARCUS GARVEWY JUNIOR

ASHWA KWEISI

RON KARENGA

DR LEONARD JEFFRIES

MINISTER KEVIN MUHAMMED

MINISTER LOUIS FARAKHAN

DICK GREGORY

DR MOLEFI ASANTE

DR NAI'IM AKBAR

ABUBADIKA SONNY CARSON

ELOMBE BRAITH

ATTORNEY AT WAR, ALTON MADDOX, ESQ

DR DELBERT BLAIR

During the Movement
    rev Del Schields wass noted for giving asylum in his home to H Rap Brown and proud to say it, and
    Adam Clayton Powell was also proud to host Malcolm X as a speaker at his church,
    and most know the long standing relation of the Black church and the Black Panther party for Self Defense

Now although the humanists, aetheists, and communists I know are not religion bashers nor do they feel a need to bring it up in every conversation,

can anyone in the Destee family state
    what hands on community grassroots work, any of this new group(or old) of religion bashers have done to date?

In any city or state?

And what buildings do they provide to the community for nation building
    UJIMA collective work and responsibility????

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383

Yes we can...or rather, I and my family can...but first let me address your earlier quotes.

1. There was a reason, socially, politically and historically as to "why the black church was used for so many activities. At one point in time we had an "African Theology". In fact, one of the first churches we had in 1816 was called "The African Methodist Episcopal Church"...before we became colored, negro, African American and everything else. In other words, "there was still a memory somewhere of who we were.

2. From the time of slavery due to "black code laws" by white folks, the only places that black people could meet or assemble was "the church" and mind you, that was when "black people knew who their enemy was" unlike our people today. That was when our people practiced kwanzaa in actuality instead of just words.

3. But lets move on, cause the reality you speak is a "was reality in the majority of black america today. I can name the black churches that Brother Alton Mattox spoke at and was then not allowed back at...or that Ben spoke at and then was not allowed back at..etc.

4. This is not to belittle anything the black church has done back in the day because back then we had something that integration has stripped from us today and the black church needs to be upheld and honored for their role back then. I mean, back then I could have hid in the black church for making a political move or something against white society....try that today!!

5. Dr. Ben did an excellent work entitled: A Black Church Without a Black Theology" and that is my beef!!...but let me go further. Back when the "United African Movement" in New York was really strong, we kept telling them to get a building fund because they kept meeting and speaking at various places. They never did it.

6. Our family belongs to The Waset Communiversity ,African Echoes and Reefal in Newark. 25 years ago we began what we kept telling African Echoes to do and just from the community alone we have "the only black owned African Centered Building in Newark, N.J."...we have food co-opts, economic development bases and a host of many things 365 days a year ...and even more than that...our place is the only place where all the black scholars can come and do come to and speak and "Totally Be Themselves".

7. This is where the New Black Panther Party meets, where self defense classes are taught, where history and technology classes are taught, where the same scholars you mentioned come to speak...where my own books have been endorsed by these same scholars....man, I'm leaving this alone....cause I can write a library on this....and I do appreciate you doing all that you do on this site because you are simply repeating what I was doing here for over 5 years, so it's good to have help. However, unlike you, although I was raised as a Christian, I got in line with our history, our culture and of course dropped what many of us now cling to.

Peace!

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    I aplaud that brother but Dr Ben and the brothers and sisters I mentioned did not do that during the times of Jim Crow they did that during the 80s and 90s,
    in fact I gave the link yo the lecture you mentioned , now peep this, how many folks who come for classes or services at that center in Newark are Muslim or Christian and how many have you called fools for practicing that religion?

The activities in the churches in Brooklyn , Queens, Harlem and the Bronx are not during some by gone time, they are occuring right now.

And it would be good to know how many diffrerent churches and mosques have given support to brother Maddox , since the recent suit and sesure of proerty put on him and how many have sent material support as well as company to Dr Ben at the nursing home.

My concern is why an intelligent brother like yourself qould jump on the bogety boogety bandwagon of all Blacks in non African religions are punks, sing song that unites or uplifts no one.

Now Marx said religion is the opitae of the masses, but can you get one off of an opiate by castigating them or ridiculing them or is there a mehhodology as that which transformed Big Detroit Red into El Hajj Malik Shabbazz, and you see that is where my astonishment comes in because you rail about what you see as "a cancerous rash on a child's face",

and instead of offering various modalities to heal the child

YOU JUST CALL THE CHILD UGLY!

and no disrespect to you or the efforts therebut anyone from the tristate borough of African descent, knows that znewark is the Black murder capital of the north and a hell hole of drugtrade, so really what are those vanguard brothers doing to make it a safe place, cause that hell has been going on since the days of Imamu Baraka's actions and activism there.

But continue, and you are on a roll to keep folks divided, before it was everyone is a fool for not going back to Africa now it's everyone who is Muslim or Christian is a fool, and that's about 98% of us.

When you get your check from Rush Limbaugh, try not to spend it all on one yacht

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Healing Always begins when a patient is made to see that they are sick first. I can not do anything, offer anything or even suggest anything to someone who does not see, believe or acknowledge that they are sick, conditioned, brainwashed or anything else....and I did not call anyone anything on this site...that is your interpretation based upon the presentations I have presented. As Dr. Liaila Africa says; The answer is always in the problem and the cure is in the poison. The changing of our minds will in effect change our actions. The changing of our actions will in effect change our outcomes. Mind first!!!

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    that's a bunch of baloney,

for tens of thousands of years in Africa, China and India, the elderly and small children in fragile conditions were not told how detrimental their conditions were so as not to cause psychoslomatic stress reactions from being alerted about something life threatening so their loved ones administered thier mediecine with love through their foods, and really bro you are well aware of the ALERTERS who have been posting here on your issue, exculsively day in and day out...uhm

do you as an intelligent Black man actually believe what you just wrote?

did you evade the mention of the methodologies of getting someonew
    off of an opiate addiction?

Or how the NOI had cured hundreds of thousands in a state of denial?

Einstein said doing the same thing over and over again and expecting new results is insanity

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015

Since Our People Are Not Ready For "THE TRUTH"

what could be a classier way of calling a group of people azzwholez???

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    kicking someone for their beliefs is counter productive and divisive

8. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379

In all reality, in a REAL revolution all you need to do is look at the Chinese Revolution and there was no religion allowed only-- Communism, I'm not down w/ Communism, but when we use the revolution, do we REALLY know what one consist of, because most successful Revolutions kick Religions to the curb; as I statd which I am not for, but sometimes that's what happens in a REAL revolution.
    ARE WE REALLY READY FOR A REAL REVOLUTION???

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    and exactly how do you propse to enact a revolutuion in a police state where half of us are unemployed and we divide each other with religion but hey maybe you are smatrter and wiser then Malcolm X , and maybe because the revolutions in China and Russia have nothing to do with a people who are 15% of the population here,
    where the Chinese population where well... do the math and the Russian were... I mean seriously and all bullmess aside were are you really going with this?

So really are you ready to wipe out 3 million Black folks in the United States the way Mao did, and hey brother let's get real all that hell Mao went through and look at China today!!!

THEY KEEP ARMED GUARDS AROUND HIS EXPOSED AND OPEN COFFIN JUST IN CASE HE ROLLS IN HIS GRAVE AFTER WHAT THESE IDIOTS HAVE DONE OVER THERE TO REVERSE HIS EFFORTS, THEY WILL SHOOT HIM
    [​IMG]
    no free education
    no free health care
    no guaranteed employment

NO COMMUNISM, AND 5 FAMILIES RUN THE ENTIRE THING, WHILE BUYING TOYS FROM THE TRIALTERALISTS

do the math

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I know this is between you and bro. Keita but it seems you have taken his signature very very personal.

If it doesn't fit/just scroll past that ish.....& do you!

You post on various topics and get very upset when people voice their opinions about you posting and relating every thread you enter about a certain individual and i have seen you say almost the exact same statement

- when they used to tell you how tired they weree of you repeating yourself in every thread...

just my 2 pennies, but i'll just put my change back in my pocket....