Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Baseball Player Told to Cut His Dreadlocks or Else

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by blackeyes, Dec 12, 2011.

1. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Jose Reyes with the Miami Marlina just signed a six-year, $106 million dollar contract. There is one condition however: He must cut off his dreadlocks. Owner Jeffrey Loria said that the teams haircut policy hasn’t changed and that Reyes would be expected to look like everyone else.
    “No problem at all,” said Reye. “That’s not going to affect me and the way I play the game. I’ve got to cut it off, no problem.”
    Another Marlins player, Hanley Ramirez, didn’t take to the policy so well. He complained about
    [​IMG]
    having to cut his hair and said that he wanted to be traded. He even went through the clubhouse wearing a t-shirt that said, “I’m sick of this.”
    http://www.yourblackworld.com/2011/12/11/baseball-player-told-to-cut-his-dreadlocks-or-else/
    I really don't think this is fair but for 106 million dollars....um yeah... cut 'em lol

2. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    As long as it applies to any type of long hair (which can be an interference), I have no problem with that. Personally if I had a team I'd expect all players to have short hair as well.

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    ^^^^I agree with SB.

If the "haircut policy" is about hair length, then I have no problem with it.

Does the "haircut policy" just set hair length or are his locks not allowed at all?

Can he keep his locks but just not as long as they are now?