Black Sports : Barry Bonds Breaks Hank Aaron's Home Run Record

GrandHustle

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 15, 2005
Barry Bonds career home run hit #756

Tuesday August 07, 2007 Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's all-time Major League home run record

San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds hit career home run No. 756 on Tuesday night, breaking the record Hank Aaron set in 1976 with the Milwaukee Brewers.

With one out in the fifth inning, Bonds hit a 3-2 pitch from the Washington Nationals' Mike Bacsik deep into the seats in right-centrefield at AT&T Park. After making contact, Bonds raised both arms in the air and watched the ball leave the park. When he crossed the plate following his 22nd home run of the season, he was met by his godfather, hall-of-famer and Giants great Willie Mays.

The game was stopped for a 10-minute ceremony in which Bonds thanked the Giants fans, his teammates, his family and his late father, former major-league star Bobby Bonds.

Full Story
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=d6991b88-2c53-4755-9278-393f142e6e13&k=19053

GrandHustle said:
Barry Bonds career home run hit #756

Tuesday August 07, 2007 Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's all-time Major League home run record

Full Story
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=d6991b88-2c53-4755-9278-393f142e6e13&k=19053

At first I didnt want him to break the record. Being raised within the "Dodger Family" I sure didnt want to see this achieved my a Giant. However, considering how Barry is reviled in the media I am glad that he set a new mark.

The lack of recognition and respect given to Bonds by the commisioner's office just serves as another strike against the game. And they wonder why black youth in the inner-city have lost interest in baseball.

Think about it. Bonds and Ken Griffey Jr. were raised in the game. Besides them, how many African-american players are even close to ending their careers with over 500 home runs.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back