Black People : Barber Shop!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by UPTOWNE, Sep 30, 2002.

1. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    That was such a narrow point of view for broad minded people. To focus on one characters lines in a movie is total disservice to the movies credit! It is obvious that some people have never been in a BARBER SHOP! Because you would know that BARBER SHOP TALK is BARBERSHOP TALK! We say it all there and leave it all there! Ya never know what ya gonna hear or what incredulous theory someone's gonna come up with about what ever subject is being discussed at the time! We laugh joke and move on! JESSE started this big brew haha cause he is pissed that his nasty *** was put out there on the spot, (and yes there is a tinge of truth in what was said) but he couldn't complain about what was said about him! Barber Shop was a true to life depiction of what happens in a Barber Shop outsiders have been given a peek inside a mans domain. And now they want to discourage others from doing the same? There was a play called "Beauty Shop" that toured the country, and it too had some incredulous statements. This was a comedy and the fact that people have different points of view was the point of his (CEDRIC the ENTERTAINER) comments! Now here come JESSE the black folks censor? If ya know your politics you could see that the man was a conservative ( CEDRICS CHARACTOR) and yes we have em. (what's the guy's name from Maryland who ran for President and now has a show on CNN? can't stand his ***, but he's got a TV show, and I'll bet that he has no complaints with what was said in the movie) KNOW your history and you won't be offended by what others say! ( guess OJ didn't do it either? explain the car chase with the gun to his head?) LOOK I don't want to offend anyone, but just stay your butt outta the BARBER SHOP if ya don't like what ya hear! You'd have us using doilies napkins there would be no cussing and no discussing anything of merit, PULEASE!!!! Give me a break they didn't say anything about JESUS CHRIST! I think some of yawl just need to get you some trim.......... ehhh I mean a trim! (that's barber shop talk)

"Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"

this is UPTOWNE baby!

PS I'd like to see some of you folks VISIT the CHAT ROOM in the EVENIGS and exchange common intrest and conversation ( TRY IT YOU"LL LIKE IT) its like no other chat room on the planet we are all family here the conversation is light and SEXY no horn toads! I am sure you will be pleased!!!! I have been a mamber of this room since 97 and we have always had good interesting people and conversation in chat , why even DESTEE GRACES US with her PRESENCE from time to time SO JOIN US and add your opinion................

Ps Ps..... OK KEM I have passed the baton its your turn to Run with it!!!!!:toast:

2. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hey Kem, I think we have many icons in our communities...we just don't give them, nor do they seek, the recognition.

3. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    Why should anyone suffer theres are always a million crictics for every artist! Rosa Parks did just sit downon the bus! What was her other imput in the movement? Yes she was the catalyst! Martin Luther King was a womanizer 9 according to FBI files but that did not diminish his lifes work! We don't hold Jesse's child out of wedlock against him do we? Lets just move on! its a dam movie I know my history this is just too trivial to waste time on!!!!!!! teach those that are misimformed, many do not know about the lashes, the lynchings, the brutal beatings or the struggle!!!! and like ZERO G said there are many that have done that don't get the notiriety!

4. DIIMOND

DIIMOND Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with you Uptowne.. So many people are making a big deal out of what Cedric said.... Like he said on TV... he was only acting and merely saying what normally is said in a barber shop. Jesse knows the truth.. he's been in a barber shop before.He is just madd cause they exposed his ***...
    But the truth is the whole movie was real and to the point. And I personally felt right at home.
    Ice Cube wrote a fabolous fabolous movie, and nobody can take that away from him.
    His movie made the most money out of all the movies in the theatres now.... His movie is still #1... even the white folks loved the movie....
    I give it a thumbs up....
    regardless of who agrees or disagrees
    1 Love...