BANNINGS...

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Isaiah, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Alright, I wont be long in what I have to say in this thread... Bannings of folk always send a chill through me, as I've experienced being banned before, myself... I didn't know then what I'd said to cross the line, but I knew that I'd said enough to cause some folks to be quite disgusted with me, and frankly didn't give 2 cents about it... I never cussed no one, never talked badly about their family member, or themselves, even... I just challenged their version of reality, and as they are white folks, it stood to reason that I must be summarily punished...

No prob... I just would like to know what has caused a brother like Sekhemu to lose his membership among us??? I know the brother, at times, was prickly.. I know that he and I even got into it on one ocassion... Like men, we made peace, and kept it for as long as we posted here...

Destee, I know you to be EXCEEDINGLY FAIR and UNERRINGLY PATIENT... I know it probably is none of my business as to why this brother was banned... But I must ask in light of the fact that I would want folks to show myself the same loyalty should the "worst" befall me... That is what being a brother and a Sister to our brethren is all about...

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    Destee made her statement here:
    http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35116

there is additional discussion here:
    http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34697

and here: http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35153

for me, the bottom line is these brothers would not stop fighting, even when called apon by Destee and myself.
    they just seemed to ignore her.

i still don't know what set it all off and maybe that's beside the point.
    we just have to be able to stop fighting each other.

3. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

Brother James, thank you much... The very first thread was sufficient to answer my question, and I leave this issue a satisfied customer... Thank You!

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Isaiah ... i appreciate you saying that i am exceedingly fair and patient, as i do try to be that.

I don't know if you know, but i had been having to intervene considerably with Brother Ralfa'il and Brother SAMURAI since they got here, almost begging them to respect our peace (in an attempt not to have to ban either), from thread to thread across forums.

Then immediately following that Sister Nisa and Brother SAMURAI bring their drama for me to deal with, that goes on for much longer than is necessary ... again in multiple threads, bunches of posts, attacking me and the very character and integrity of this community ... still, at this point, neither were banned. Sister Nisa leaves, but Brother SAMURAI decides to stay, while continuing to share his dissatisfaction with this community, and the management of it, while still taking shots at Brother Ralfa'il. Brother Sekhemu decides to come in at this point and share his opinions regarding my decision to respond the way i do. I think it was clear to all who could see, that i was trying to let it die, but he and Brother SAMURAI wanted to keep it going. I was way tired at this point, but neither had been banned.

Then Brother Sekhemu makes me aware, in the midst of the above confusion, that Brother Issa was over in the Religion / Spirituality Forum cursing. Okay, that's fine. Let me go see what's up over there, even though at this point that "exceeding patience and fairness" has all but been exhausted. I get to the thread in question to find that Brother Issa has cursed both Brother Sekhemu and Brother SAMURAI. In addition, there are jokes between Brother Sekhemu and Brother SAMURAI ... i guess jokes ... but comments regarding the management here. I believe Brother Sekhemu said something about "where is a Mod when you need one" ... and Brother SAMURAI said something like "probably over there trying to ban me for saying Jedi" ... or some such carrying on. This, when neither of them had brought this incident to a Mod's attention at that point ... knowing full well when things are brought to our attention, we address them. But at that moment in time, even that was okay. I went ahead and responded to Brother Issa's comments, asking him why he was acting so ugly. He responded basically by saying that they had started it, and referenced some previous posts / threads where this all got started. So now i have Brother Issa, Brother SAMURAI, and Brother Sekhemu to stand between and try to figure out what was going on with these 3 grown men ... a brand new dramatic scene for me to deal with, multiple threads, separate from all of the above.

I was just too tired to give it my normal amount of exceeding patience and fairness. I'm only human ... and a woman too ... let us not forget that ... huh Brother Isaiah ??? As i mention this Brother Isaiah, your "woman" comment, in the midst of all of that was quite upsetting to me, but i overlooked it as well. Given the fact that my patience was gone, if you had kept that up with me, you would have probably been banned with them ... just for the record.

I think if all of the above had happened at different points in time, not ongoing as it did, it's possible that no one would have been banned ... as my patience and fairness would have had a chance to renew itself, but such was not the case.

When i banned these 3 Brothers, all resources within me had been exhausted, and for the sake of the peace in this community ... banning them, getting them out of here with their carrying on, was the shortest route to peace. I had absolutely no energy to give them, in helping to resolve their issues. As a matter of fact, at that point, i didn't even care what their issues were ... just get that drama out of here.

I challenge myself to go the distance with each Member, giving them every opportunity to remain with us, before being banned. I went as far as i could ... now peace is ours again.

:heart:

Destee

5. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Thank you, Sister Destee, for answering my question about the bannings, and I sincerely apologize to you if my comments offended you... I will never make a disparaging comment about women at this forum in any of my future postings...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank you Brother Isaiah for the apology, it is truly appreciated.

It's not necessary to promise to never make a disparaging comment about women. It would be my hope that you'd look at the bigger picture and consider all things ... the fact that it was men (for the most part) who were causing the disruption ... and a woman with the responsibility to resolve it.

I did consider it a cheap shot, but you're entitled to a few of those on occasion, and under any other circumstance, i probably would not have taken offense.

We're good, as always :)

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

7. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Part of what has been said here is true and part of it is opinion. What you neglected to mention was that I tried to play peace maker by asking Issa if his comments toward Samurai were neccesary.

Destee Samurai was right, you were far more tolerant of Ralf than you were to me or Samurai. Ralf had numerous warnings and complaints lodged against him, yet you banned me without so much as a warning.

You obviously have your sacred cows. I've seen several threads where people have caused more of a disruption than the one(s) you refer to that prompted you to ban m.

I've been a dedicated and loyal member of this site, yet you thought so little of me not to give me a warning, you simply banned me because you had the power to do so. This tells me you have no respect for me.

You don't want peace, you want quiet, and you banned brotha Samurai, because he had the balls to challenge you. He tried to get you to dialogue with him, but you gave him your behind to kiss.

You're right, there is a side to you that the members don't know, but I do.

No need to ban me again, I'm cancelling my membership

8. FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Sister Aglo, from what I've read of this brother's posts, he seems to have been an outspoken critic of Destee, and the moderators, and in that sense, he made his own bed. He should've known that you cannot be allowed to scream on the owner of the board, as well as, call other moderators out of their names. Seems he had a very terrible history of that, though he was a tremendous contributor to the forum from what I can see. Sad that he could not control his own temper, because I believe I'd have a great time talking to him about jazz and culture. Those are some of my favorite subjects, and seems they were his, as well. Sad indeed.

9. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

I don't think it's appropriate to speak of folk we don't really know personally on a face to face basis ...aside from how they treated and was with us individually ......from what I knew of Isaiah I loved old boy to no end he was my road dog but I won't speak on him or his interaction with others on here because all I know about and care about is how he was with me.....I'm not here to drop comments on how somebody dealt with anyone else on here only how they dealt with me........anyway that's my 2 pennies.....

MississippiRed
    aka
    Dirtywork

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Mississippi ... i agree with you.

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE ... in addition to the fact that you don't know Brother Isaiah ... do you? ... he is not here to respond to your (negative) comments about him. With this being the case, it's probably best you keep such to yourself.

Destee