destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

We have that really long thread, titled Cursing - Swearing - Expletives - Etc.! that lists deep within it our Banned Words and it shows how we grew into this list.

You are encouraged to read that thread if you'd like, but for the sake of clarity I'm listing those 9 banned words here ... just in case that's all you really want to know. They are:

nigge* - **** - puss* - cli* - cun* - dic* - shi* - as* - bitc*

If you type these words in their entirety, they will be astericked out. Please refrain from using partial spellings of them, in an attempt to get around the fact that they are banned.

I hope everyone understands that it simply isn't possible for one forum to satisfy the needs and desires of everyone. Some will feel that their flow is hindered because these words are not displayed in their entirety. There will be others that feel comfortable browsing this forum because they won't run into these words.

While it is difficult to find that happy medium, it's my job to try and do.

You all know that I'm open to workable solutions and very flexible. This issue ultimately comes down to satisfying myself regarding the integrity and wholesomeness of this forum ... or satisfying everyone else's desire to be able to say whatever they please. If you have suggestions on how both can be achieved, I'd love to hear them.

:heart:

Destee

Hello Family,

The 9 words listed above are the original ones added to the list, but since that time, the list has grown. It will continue to grow as we see words added to the community that are considered inappropriate by the Moderating Team. You'll know these words, because when you type them, they will be astericked out, ******.

Please try to refrain from going around this feature by spelling the word in a different way. It makes us think you have no respect for how we'd like things to be done here.

Thanks.

Destee

Pharaoh Jah ... Welcome to the Family and Thanks for joining us. Our banned word policy has been one of the most difficult areas of administration to resolve, especially as it pertains to poetry, but yes ... it applies across our forum, including poetry.

I appreciate your understanding, thank you Brother. Please make yourself at home.

Destee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back