Black Positive People : Baltimore teenager smacked by 'hero mom' says he's learned his lesson

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, May 3, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Baltimore teenager smacked by 'hero mom' says he's learned his lesson

The Baltimore teenager who was smacked by his angry mother during Monday's riots — a moment seen in a video that quickly went viral — says he learned a lesson from his public shaming. But some are questioning the celebration of her tactics ...

http://news.yahoo.com/baltimore-riots-hero-mom-smacking-son-toya-graham-143137807.html

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    To funny. Love it. He looked like he wanted to act out, but he knew Mama didn't play that.

Mama didn't want her son getting caught up in the riot and becoming another Freddie Gray.

I believe some type of action is needed by mothers of Black boys and men. A petition sounds to tame.
    Something to cause the impact, and get attention like " Mothers Against Drunk Drivers".
    Black mothers need to get involved in "Black Lives Matter". "My Child's Life Matter". "My Sons Life Matters".
    Posters with a lion and her cubs with the captions.
    I'm thinking about starting something.

"Mothers Against Police Shootings"
    "Mothers Demanding Police Accountability"
    Etc. etc. etc.

As a mother and grandmother, I'm taking these shootings real personal. These police are treating Black mother's children less than rabid animals. Shooting them down like no one will shed a tear, miss them, have a funeral.
    The police are killing our kids, our brothers, sisters, cousins, like they don't have a mother.