Black People : Baltimore Rocking

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I think i'm experiencing a generational gap here. I know the young people in the community, will set me straight.

Many thoughts come to my mind, when viewing this video. I see the young Brothers in it, and the obvious skill they have, the strength of their young bodies ... so able to do most anything a man can do. Yet, there is this overwhelming sorrow, that they are probably unemployed, and not able to experience their fullest potential.

The dancing is great ... yet i'm saddened.

You tell me, what do you think?

Baltimore Rocking

Sister Purple ... this video contains some young Brothers dancing to music on the streets of Baltimore.

:heart:

Destee

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Thank You Sister Destee!:couple:

How did you know I'd be dropping in?:)
    Yep! You're psychic!:SuN030:

Love Ya!:heart:

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    This is the type of stuff that needs to replace the current TV Commerce-shows, as well as be featured on the Front Page of many Black-owned websites. All the more reason to establish our very own Communications Network. Young Black folk see this type of stuff all over the Universe, and they become encouraged. It is an interesting form of using Talent to Communicate.

MK

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    i think that the kid should either go to school or to the employment office.

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...That is the same thing that I said about the Brothas in the movie Miss Evers Boys. How do you know whether or not he has a job? Give credit to where credit is due...

MK

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    U got the footwork from chicago,hyphy and krump from the west coast along with the crip walk,the aunt jackie from NY (along with others like the chicken noodle soup,harlem shake, and some others that are 'dying off'), buckin and jookin from memphis tenn,and a whole lotta dances from the islands as well as other dances not mentioned here....we gots work to do...

7. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    LOL. Isnt there enough dancing on tv allready. What will more do but get more to dance. There are alot of worse things of course. But I can think of alot of better things too. Come on folks. We never were in the lack of music and dancing. More doesnt need to be on tv and the media when you can do it anywhere you want.

8. LadyLC

LadyLC Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    Hmmmm how do we know that these young men aren't having a little fun on their off day? How do we even know if these young me nare old enough to be woirking? We do not know anything about them. They are just doing what all generations have done before them, dancing lol. That's it and that's all.:peace:

9. LadyLC

LadyLC Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142

Wow you are good to be able to identify all those dances. I had no idea what all those dances are named, I guess I need to hang around my younger relatives more to find out that names of those dances LOL. :)

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    ^^^^yeah you should...I am 'young' myself and try to balance rollin with the old folks for some old school game and kats around my age for some new school game....which consists of alot of trickin....

now by trickin I mean kats spendin money to impress a woman or showin out,etc....it is not good..