Black Men : baggy pants 4 life???

PurpleMoons said:
LOL When I was young, I can remember when one of the young brothers around my neighborhood started wearing his pants like that. When asked why, he told me that his pants were highwaters and sagging them off the butt made it appear
normal length. LOL

See what being ignorant of the facts can do to you? This brother obviously was trying to avoid being laughed at because of flooding and didn't realize that his solution made him a target for some other attention.... :kiss1:

It pays to be knowing....:read: before you let your booty be showing :bellydance:

Queenie :hearthis:

NNQueen said:
See what being ignorant of the facts can do to you? This brother obviously was trying to avoid being laughed at because of flooding and didn't realize that his solution made him a target for some other attention.... :kiss1:

It pays to be knowing....:read: before you let your botty be showing :bellydance:

Queenie :hearthis:

:lol: oh lercy :lol: you AND Purple :laugh:

whew have mercy :laugh: :rolling: :laugh:

NNQueen said:
I was tryin' to be delicate in how I described that, Sister Triniti! :lol: I know Brother Therious don't particularly care for that historical piece of information but it just tells me that maybe people need to do more homework about the root cause behind some of our behavior, including our fashion sense, BEFORE they adopt the same behavior 'cause you just never know what message you're sending to a certain population that can be grossly misunderstood if you're not into a certain lifestyle.

And Bro. Therious, I could think of other ways that a gangsta could show a cop they are packing but it makes more sense to me that a sagging pair of pants makes a man an easy "target" for another man to hit.

I could be wrong, but that's my sense of it anyway.... :pool:

Queenie :D

i didnt say to show the cops i said so the cops wouldnt be able to see their guns. also bagyy pants started in hip hoip, around the time when eberybody was in to rock and roll and wearing their pants tighter than huggies. ever seen old nba uniforms? so instead of tight hip hopsters started wearing their pants loose and low. sure their is probably some truth to homosexuals in prison did this, but thats not where the fad came from. thats an urban legend ,no one knows why cats started sagging they just did. i doubt seriously that bras in the neighboorhood wanted to mimick homosexuals.

peace

NNQueen said:
In a recent documentary I watched on cable about men in prison I found out what sagging pants represented in the prison culture. Apparently, when prisoners wore sagging pants it meant that they were spoken for...as in another prisoner's "girlfriend".

Queenie :spinstar:

What documentary were you watching? What cable channel was it on?

I don't remember either because it's not something that I felt compelled to burn into my memory. I was chasing channels one evening and came upon this program that was already in progress. That's when one of the prisoners that was being interviewed reported this interesting piece of news. Prisons have been around a lot longer than hip hopsters so there may be a lot of truth to the history of sagging and where it originated from. I don't think any "manly" men would deliberately adopt a fashion sense that originated from homosexual activity if they knew that's where it came from. But my point is that sometimes we do things because it seems fashionable at the time without doing our homework first and finding out the history of some of these events. It's sorta like a lot of hip hop music that are remixes of old school music but a lot of the younger generation that are hip hop fans don't know this unless someone who knows tells them. Otherwise, they would be left to believe that their generation invented something new.

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back