Pan Africanism : BAD LEADERSHIP IS AFRICA'S CHRONIC PROBLEM.

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by FLATFOOTFLOOGIE, Jun 28, 2006.

1. FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. youngblackceo

youngblackceo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    This is a repost but I think it fits very well into what you are saying...
    I posted this comment in one of my threads that I started entitled We Need a New Theory of Education.

"There has been posts discussing the leadership in Black america.
    Everyone made their points and alot of the points that were made you could not argue.
    But one thing that was never discuss is what role does the people play in producing and celebrating the type of leaders we all talk about.
    You have to recognize that a so-called leader is not some isolated person who rises out of no where and puts themselves in the forefront of what's going on.
    No the so-called leader is merely the reflections of the people they lead.
    So what does that mean to black people as a whole?
    It means that if we have leaders who are at best incompetent, greedy, selfish pimps who take advantage of the emotions of the people they lead.
    What does that say about the people and the people's institutions that help in creating the leaders?
    Know I do not what to hear any personal stories are how you individually don't follow anyone are support some of these people we have been made to believe or our leaders today. Because that is not the point I'm trying to make.

You know there is and old saying that leaders are not born they are made black people.
    You hear what I am saying people?

We suffer from a lack of poor leadership because we have not developed the proper institutions that could produce the type of leadership we need Period!
    This is way we have poor leadership. This is why afther all of these years we still have not been able to effectively solve our problems.

I'm running out of time but I will be back tonight to finish up with another phrase of my education piece."