Black People : Back to Africa: Food tor Thought

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Dec 9, 2009.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    A friend of mine and I were discussing the idea of people wanting to go back to the way things were before the big chains like WalMart took over. He was telling me that this is not possible.

It occurred to me that the same is true of going back to Africa. We can't do it.

The Sankofa bird does not go back. It looks back but moves forward.

We are here now and must also move forward. If we believe that we are created beings and that our lives are directed by this Creator then would must also accept that where we are now is along the path between where we were and where we need to go. If we go back then slavery and oppression will be in our future.

When I realized that they had no intention of giving me a teaching credential I moved on to plan B. While on the phone with my rehab counselor he said Oh I'm so sory this happed to you. You've worked so hard thought yeah fug him too. I'm not going to sit here and be his sad case. And I began to move forward.

As a writer and poet I must learn to say Yes to myself. I have a bad habit of seeing brick walls blocking the throughway of every path. Always a Yeah but I can't do that because... l I had to make a path and go down it and maybe as I move closer I may discover that what looks like a wall from a distance is actually a flight of stairs.

2. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    I would say Sister River that we are all co creators.

I think you are an excellent teacher without what they will give you or not, simply because I have learned from you, and always say "I can"

your words you manifest and live them if you beleive them

Changing the perception of what your seeing is exactly correct

As far as going back (not pysically), indeed I think we should go back but only to move forward, to know where you've been to get where your going, so the his-story will not keep repeating itself.

Much Love To You

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Time for us to tradewith Africa.....

through the Caribbean, buy up collectively some of these factories closeing and shutting down and create our own Walmarts, Walgreens, Costcos and Home Depots