Black People : Babylon and prophesy in the new millenium

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Alkebulantaazar, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Alkebulantaazar

Alkebulantaazar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator mother of 7
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello family:

A FEW YEARS AGO I HAD THE PRIVILEDGE OF MEETING A MAN WHO WAS 106 YRS OLD. IT WAS QUITE AN EXPERIENCE. He showed me his world war 1 medals and the certificate signed by then Presidnet Woodrow Wilson.

We talked about many things, but the one question I most wanted to ask him was what he thought about all the changes in the world that had occurred during a lifetime that spanned the entire twentieth century. As I listened to his answers and thought about his life, i was struck by an astounding thought.

Can anyone here follow me, and if so had you spoken to this man what thoughts may have come to mind?

No answers are wrong however, I will finish this story within a day or so after I read what some of you great thinkers have written about what your thoguhts may have been after an interview with a person 106 yrs old.

Nakupenda
    Alkebulantaazar.

2. Alkebulantaazar

Alkebulantaazar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator mother of 7
    Ratings:
    +4
    Prophecy in the new Millennium

As the conversation continued between myself and this descendant of slaves I realized that when this man was born, life was pretty much the way it had been for hundreds of years. People got around on foot, on horses, in wagons or carriages. Light and heat came from fireplaces, candles, and oil-fed lamps and lanterns. bathrooms were outside, communication was slow, and wars were fought with guns, knives and crude artillery.
    But suddenly all of that changed.

Just think of all that man had witnessed in his lifetime! inventions began to pop up from labs, classrooms and garage workshops(ie Bill Gates) with bewildering regularity. In a matter of 100 years he saw electricity roll across amerkkka. Hewitnessed the advent of..telephones...television...automobiles..planes...airconditioning...rockets...missiles..a man on the moon..atomic weapons..satellites..space born telescopes...unmanned space flights to the far reaches of the solar system..fax machines VCR's..computers..DVD's...e-mail...cell phones...laptops...and the internet.

Who knows what will be next, who can imagine..What my people can u imagine..Talk to me!!

I am going somewhere with this and I am seeking all input

Nakupenda
    Alkebulantaazar