jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-baby-powder-cancer-lawsuits/

More than 1,000 women and their families are suing J&J and Imerys, claiming the companies have known of the association with ovarian cancer for years and failed to warn them. The next trial is scheduled to begin on April 11 in a St. Louis circuit court. “Whether or not the science indicates that Baby Powder is a cause of ovarian cancer, Johnson & Johnson has a very significant breach of trust,” says Julie Hennessy, a marketing professor at Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management. “In trying to protect this one business, they’ve put the whole J&J brand at risk.”

1. Asbestos free talc, such as that found in modern talcum powder has been suggested to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in women who apply talcum powder regularly in the genital area. Several studies in women have looked at the possible link between talcum powder and ovarian cancer, with mixed findings.

samjose685

Jun 16, 2016
There is increase in the number of baby powder lawsuit filed against the manufacturer. The FDA also suggest people to not to use the talcum powder as it can cause you ovarian cancer.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Fox had been sprinkling Baby Powder made from talc on her underwear every day since she was a teen. “I was raised up on it,” she later said in a deposition. “They was to help you stay fresh and clean. … We ladies have to take care of ourselves.” It was as normal as using toothpaste or deodorant.

Not to be insensitive or anything, but I never heard of this practice.
Putting baby powder in panties. Am I alone in this ladies? Anyone heard of this before?

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
We were taught to douche after monthly cycle and clean with soap and water. No baby powder.

Maybe this was a southern, northern, location practice. Very strange to me.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
American Cancer Society

Studies in people
Ovarian cancer
It has been suggested that talcum powder might cause cancer in the ovaries if the powder particles (applied to the genital area or on sanitary napkins, diaphragms, or condoms) were to travel through the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes to the ovary.

Many studies in women have looked at the possible link between talcum powder and cancer of the ovary. Findings have been mixed, with some studies reporting a slightly increased risk and some reporting no increase. Many case-control studies have found a small increase in risk. But these types of studies can be biased because they often rely on a person’s memory of talc use many years earlier. Two prospective cohort studies, which would not have the same type of potential bias, have not found an increased risk.

For any individual woman, if there is an increased risk, the overall increase is likely to very be small. Still, talc is widely used in many products, so it is important to determine if the increased risk is real. Research in this area continues.
------------

Used in other products.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Al D Black People : One Message One Messenger One Song: The Bigger Picture by Lil Baby Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : Was I not a cute Baby _ ok or he** Yes Black People Open Forum 0
Angela22 Black Poetry : And Baby, If You Love Me... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Activists get permit for 'Baby Trump' balloon at July 4th events on National Mall Black Entertainment 6
J Black Parenting : Best Gift to Give to a baby boy? Black Parenting 3
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : A Baby's Doll House: Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Black People Politics : How Can I Fight for Your Baby - When My Baby is Being Shot in the Street? Black People Politics 17
R Black Poetry : born in the gully but fly and a lullaby lullaby is a song for a baby // let me take you home get g Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : born in the gully but fly and a lullaby is a song for a baby so boo let me take you home get gravy y Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The 11,500-Year-Old Remains of a Baby Could Reveal How Humans First Came to the Americas African American History Culture 1
J Black Parenting : baby boy for adoption (ritahowel9@gmail.com) for more info Black Parenting 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Writing Discussion : Baby boomers ruined America, according to this Generation X author Short Stories - Authors - Writing 40
Liberty Black Entertainment : Beyonce's pregnant with TWINS! Jay-Z's wife reveals surprise baby news while putting her big bump on Black Entertainment 11
IFE Black People : “Is This Generation of African-American Baby Boomers Getting Soft? Black People Open Forum 20
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Happy New Year, Baby! Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : woman-sacrifices-herself-in-dog-attack-to-save-best-friends-baby Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : christmas baby delivered in macdonald's... Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Adorable Baby Girl with her fro OldSoul 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Otis Redding - Merry Christmas Baby (Atco Records 1967) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Baby Talk Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
1poetsought Black Picture Image Gallery : My BaBY GIRL Black Picture Image Gallery 2
RootWorker Black Parenting : Advice on Dealing with Racist Baby Mama Black Parenting 3
Liberty Black People : Neighbors outraged by display featuring Confederate flag, African-American baby doll hung from noose Black People Open Forum 9
Lrae Black Women : Congratulations to Tyra Banks on her new baby Black Women 37
Enki The Police : Cop Shoots 2Yr Old Black Baby After Mistaking Pacifier for Gun Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Enki Black People : My Baby Girl Is growing up!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 12
macoo Black Muslims : New Baby Congratulations Islam Study Group 33
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Death of U.S.-Backed Ex-Dictator "Baby Doc" Duvalier Won’t End Haitian Victims' Quest for Justice Black People Politics 0
S Black Parenting : Father Finds His 11-Month-Old Son Abused By His Baby Momma & Left Outside By The Trash Black Parenting 5
S Black Men : Why baby mama drama is ultimately your own fault. Black Men 35
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : The Temptations - Since I Lost My Baby Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Girl helps deliver her own baby sister when her mom goes into labor early Black People Doing Positive Things 3
S Black People : Bride uses Jesus to deflect criticism after attaching newborn baby to train of her wedding dress. Black People Open Forum 84
shaka64 Black People : Houston: Middle school teacher gives student lap dance, says ‘I love you baby’ Black People Open Forum 110
Fine1952 Black People : ***Thank You, Baby*** Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black Entertainment : BABY SOULJA FT MISS BARBIE (PAY ATTENTION) Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Rick James - Give It To Me Baby Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Baby birdie i i i couldn't save Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Baby Got Back Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Khasm13 General Lee And The Space Army Band - We Did It Baby (Pt. 1 and Pt. 2) - Lost Weekend 1979 Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Kemetstry Black Parenting : BREAST FEEDING BOOSTS BABY IQ Black Parenting 37
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Little Milton; If I Dont Love You Baby Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Lightinin Hopkins; Baby Please Dont Go Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black Parenting : I Want Another Baby! Black Parenting 33
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Katt Williams -Your baby's supposed to like skittles Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black People : Television At It's WORST...All My Baby's Mamas Black People Open Forum 9
MsInterpret Black People : Dad Wins Custody of Baby After Wife Secretly Gave Up For Adoption Black People Open Forum 3
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Prince - I Would Die 4 U/Baby I'm a Star (Purple Rain) Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
MsInterpret Black People : Couple Sues Doctors For Allegedly Decapitating Baby During Childbirth Black People Open Forum 3