Writing Discussion : Baby boomers ruined America, according to this Generation X author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Generation X (Millennials) :facepalm:

Baby boomers ruined America, according to this Generation X author
New book argues their ‘sociopathic’ tendencies are to blame for climate change, and that’s just for starters

Millennials have a reputation for being entitled, self-absorbed and lazy, but a new book argues that their parents are actually a bigger danger to society.

In “A Generation of Sociopaths: How the Boomers Betrayed America,” Bruce Cannon Gibney traces many of our nation’s most pressing issues, including climate change and the rising cost of education, back to baby boomers’ idiosyncrasies and enormous political power ...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ba...-x-author-2017-03-10?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Author Bruce Gibney ... Courtesy of Bruce Gibney

#babyboomers
#generationX

By Jillian Berman
Published: Apr 8, 2017 9:44 a.m. ET

Last edited:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Quit blaming everyone else and fix it then. Whining loser. Millennials, always complaining

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
lol Kemetstry

Understanding American history (and the lies that were and still are told), the wars that were fought during the Baby Boomer era, the impact of the Civil Rights Movement, the sexual revolution, the Feminist movement and considering the modernization of America...it doesn't surprise me that some millennials would think this way. But, let's take a closer look at this because Black people should not be fooled by this rhetoric because I don't believe it applies to us.

Who is the author REALLY blaming for ruining America? Look at him...exactly, his ancestors--WHITE people. Black youth weren't rebelling against their parents who made up the establishment. Black parents weren't being greedy consumers and running corporate America. Black people weren't running Congress or the White House and sending young men off to fight in wars against people that never did anything to harm them. No, it was white kids wildly rejecting their parent's moral, political, religious and social standards. They were called Hippies...the "make love, not war" youth, the white youth that preached to never trust anyone over the age of 30! The very same people who are running the major corporations today and controlling our politics; they are the wallstreet bankers and the military generals. Black youth didn't have time for that mess because we were too darn busy trying to survive in a racist society; trying to live a decent life and create a better set of options for our children; fighting for social justice and equity. So, pffft...ain't us.

Now, the BIGGER question is, as Keme already said, what the heck is he doing to change the situation if he doesn't like it? Hmm...I wonder if apples do fall far from the tree. :popcorn1:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Millennials owe a record amount of debt, and it could become a huge drag on the economy

US consumer debt is approaching a record 20% of GDP, and millennials owe most of it.

Millennials — 21 to 34-year-olds — hold an estimated $1.1 trillion of the country's $3.6 trillion in consumer debt, according to UBS, as rising student and auto loans outweigh a drop in mortgages ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/millennials-owe-record-amount-debt-122300899.html

Student debt protest Occupy

Raul Hernandez
Business InsiderApril 29, 2017

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Ten reasons millennials are backing away from God and Christianity

College-aged millennials today are far more likely than the general population to be religiously unaffiliated, this is true when they are compared to previous generations as well.

In fact, the Pew Research Center documents that millennials are the least outwardly religious American generation, where “one in four are unaffiliated with any religion, far more than the share of older adults when they were ages 18 to 29” ...

Click to see all 10
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...e-backing-away-from-god-and-christianity.html

(iStock)

By Dr. Alex McFarland
Published April 30, 2017
Fox News

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IFE Black People : “Is This Generation of African-American Baby Boomers Getting Soft? Black People Open Forum 20
Keita Kenyatta Health and Wellness : Baby Boomers At Risk Of Hidden Hepatitis C Black Health and Wellness 2
D Black People : Baby Boomers Black People Open Forum 19
P Black People : African-American Baby Boomers from 48-60 Black People Open Forum 17
Al D Black People : One Message One Messenger One Song: The Bigger Picture by Lil Baby Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : Was I not a cute Baby _ ok or he** Yes Black People Open Forum 0
Angela22 Black Poetry : And Baby, If You Love Me... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Activists get permit for 'Baby Trump' balloon at July 4th events on National Mall Black Entertainment 6
J Black Parenting : Best Gift to Give to a baby boy? Black Parenting 3
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : A Baby's Doll House: Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Black People Politics : How Can I Fight for Your Baby - When My Baby is Being Shot in the Street? Black People Politics 17
R Black Poetry : born in the gully but fly and a lullaby lullaby is a song for a baby // let me take you home get g Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : born in the gully but fly and a lullaby is a song for a baby so boo let me take you home get gravy y Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The 11,500-Year-Old Remains of a Baby Could Reveal How Humans First Came to the Americas African American History Culture 1
J Black Parenting : baby boy for adoption (ritahowel9@gmail.com) for more info Black Parenting 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Beyonce's pregnant with TWINS! Jay-Z's wife reveals surprise baby news while putting her big bump on Black Entertainment 11
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Happy New Year, Baby! Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : woman-sacrifices-herself-in-dog-attack-to-save-best-friends-baby Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : christmas baby delivered in macdonald's... Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Adorable Baby Girl with her fro OldSoul 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Otis Redding - Merry Christmas Baby (Atco Records 1967) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Baby Talk Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
1poetsought Black Picture Image Gallery : My BaBY GIRL Black Picture Image Gallery 2
RootWorker Black Parenting : Advice on Dealing with Racist Baby Mama Black Parenting 3
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : baby-powder-cancer-lawsuits Black Health and Wellness 5
Liberty Black People : Neighbors outraged by display featuring Confederate flag, African-American baby doll hung from noose Black People Open Forum 9
Lrae Black Women : Congratulations to Tyra Banks on her new baby Black Women 37
Enki The Police : Cop Shoots 2Yr Old Black Baby After Mistaking Pacifier for Gun Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Enki Black People : My Baby Girl Is growing up!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 12
macoo Black Muslims : New Baby Congratulations Islam Study Group 33
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Death of U.S.-Backed Ex-Dictator "Baby Doc" Duvalier Won’t End Haitian Victims' Quest for Justice Black People Politics 0
S Black Parenting : Father Finds His 11-Month-Old Son Abused By His Baby Momma & Left Outside By The Trash Black Parenting 5
S Black Men : Why baby mama drama is ultimately your own fault. Black Men 35
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : The Temptations - Since I Lost My Baby Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Girl helps deliver her own baby sister when her mom goes into labor early Black People Doing Positive Things 3
S Black People : Bride uses Jesus to deflect criticism after attaching newborn baby to train of her wedding dress. Black People Open Forum 84
shaka64 Black People : Houston: Middle school teacher gives student lap dance, says ‘I love you baby’ Black People Open Forum 110
Fine1952 Black People : ***Thank You, Baby*** Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black Entertainment : BABY SOULJA FT MISS BARBIE (PAY ATTENTION) Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Rick James - Give It To Me Baby Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Baby birdie i i i couldn't save Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Baby Got Back Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Khasm13 General Lee And The Space Army Band - We Did It Baby (Pt. 1 and Pt. 2) - Lost Weekend 1979 Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Kemetstry Black Parenting : BREAST FEEDING BOOSTS BABY IQ Black Parenting 37
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Little Milton; If I Dont Love You Baby Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Lightinin Hopkins; Baby Please Dont Go Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black Parenting : I Want Another Baby! Black Parenting 33
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Katt Williams -Your baby's supposed to like skittles Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black People : Television At It's WORST...All My Baby's Mamas Black People Open Forum 9