Black People : B.L.A. Members arrested........

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by info-moetry, Jan 25, 2007.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    SAN FRANCISCO — Eight men with ties to a militant black power group were arrested Tuesday in the brazen 1971 killing of a San Francisco policeman, part of what authorities described as a five-year campaign to assassinate law enforcement officers in California and New York.
    Most of the men were former members of the Black Liberation Army, a violent offshoot of the Black Panther Party, police said. On Aug. 29, 1971, two members of the group, armed with guns and dynamite, stormed a police station and fired a shotgun through a hole in the lobby's bulletproof glass, killing Sgt. John V. Young, 51, and wounding a civilian clerk.

Authorities said the killing was one in a series of attacks by BLA members on law enforcement officials on both coasts. Carried out between 1968 and 1973, the campaign also included the bombing of a police funeral in San Francisco and the slayings of two New York City police officers, as well as three armed bank robberies that helped fund their operations, police said.

A handful of arrests were made over the years and two of the former BLA members arrested Tuesday are already serving life sentences in the slayings of the New York officers. But previous attempts to bring Young's killers to justice have been unsuccessful.

The investigation of the BLA killing spree was reopened in 1999 after "advances in forensic science led to the discovery of new evidence in one of the unsolved cases," according to a news release from the San Francisco Police Department.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_5074279

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well i be .........

3. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

With Fidel Castro nearing death it will be interesting to see if the new Cuban leader (whoever that will be) will extradite Assata Shakur.

It seems as if this arrest is a prelude....

4. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    You know OmowaleX, this is a concern. I thought about this recently. It may be time for sister Assata to contenplate safe refuge in another country which offers no extradition treaty with amerikkka. I would assume Assata and her close associates have a paln B ready when there is new leadership in Cuba.

Not to go too far off topic - but in addition to Assata - I'm worried about the overall faith of Black people in Cuba once Castro is gone which is: will the status of Black people in Cuba revert back to the horrible conditions that existed during the Batista regime or will their present status remain relatively unchanged after Castro is gone?

I once met someone who traveled to Cuba. This person told me there is no reasons why Blacks can't successfully govern Cuba once Castro is gone. Blacks make up a sizeable portion of the country. And quite a number of educated Blacks are involved in the highest levels of government. The only thing that would prevent such an event from taking place is the white elite who fled Cuba (who are the minority) and the united states government.

I believe the article below may illustrate the sentiment which permeates the psyche of elite white Cubans as well as most white amerikkkans today.

"There seems also to have been another kind of fear. The Cleveland administration said a Cuban victory might lead to "the establishment of a white and a black republic," since Cuba had a mixture of the two races. And the black republic might be dominant. This idea was expressed in 1896 in an article in The Saturday Review by a young and eloquent imperialist, whose mother was American and whose father was English -- Winston Churchill. He wrote that while Spanish rule was bad and the rebels had the support of the people, it would be better for Spain to keep control: A grave danger represents itself. Two-fifths of the insurgents in the field are negroes. These men . . . would, in the event of success, demand a predominant share in the government of the country . . . the result being, after years of fighting, another black republic.

The reference to "another" black republic meant Haiti, whose revolution against France in 1803 had led to the first nation run by blacks in the New World. The Spanish minister to the United States wrote to the U.S. Secretary of State:

In this revolution, the negro element has the most important part. Not only the principal leaders are colored men, but at least eight-tenths of their supporters. . . . and the result of the war, if the Island can be declared independent, will be a secession of the black element and a black Republic."

Source: http://www.ditext.com/zinn/zinn12.html

There you have it. Fear of a Black Cuba.

5. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Brother Mad Skillz, I agree.

Now tie this "Fear of a Black Cuba" to the article sister Destee posted concerning the "ethnic cleansing" of Blacks in California, and read carefully the authors argument. What we find also is an "Anti-Communist scare tactic".

Not only does white amerika fear a "Black Cuba" but it needs to instill within "Black Americans" a FEAR of Communism AND xenophobia towards Cubans, Mexicans and other "Latinos" who have been our historical ALLIES.