Black Spirituality Religion : B.I.B.L.E.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, May 21, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

[​IMG]

In the movie "John Q" Denzel Washington plays the role of a strong, hard working and devoted Father willing to take his own life in order to literally give his heart to his dying son.

The speech John delivers while his son lays asleep on the hospital bed, and as the moments near for John to take his own life- is perhaps one of the most emotionally moving pieces of art between a Black Man and his child.

[​IMG]

I just need to tell you a few things. You always listen to your mother. You understand? Do what she tells you to do. She’s your best friend. You tell her you love her every day.

You’re too young for girls right now, but… there’s going to come a time. When it does, you treat them like princesses. ‘Cause that’s what they are.

When you say you’re going to do something… When you say you’re going to do something, you do it. Because your word is your bond, son. It’s all you have.

And money. You make money if you get a chance, even if you got to sell out once in a while. Make as much money as you can. Don’t be stupid like your father. Everything is so much easier with money, son.

Don’t smoke.

Be kind to people. When somebody chooses you… We talked about this. You stand up. You be a man.

You stay away from the bad things, son, please. Don’t get caught up in the bad things. There’s so many great things out there for you.

I’ll never leave you. I’m always with you. Right there. I love you, son.

[​IMG]

Our know bibles are the canonization of such emotional words in one respect, and the obvious use of spiritual ignorance in another.

But there is something we should consider. John isn't talking to us, or the world, or the generations who will later read and ease drop on his language. He is talking to his son. In reality, what is being said- has very little to do with us. You may or may not agree with him telling his Son not to sell out...guess what, in the scheme of all things-

it's actually none of your business.

The talks, speeches and advice people give to each other over periods of time, while they can be canonized for the use of other people - were never spoken in the sense that we should be the ones to benefit from that advice.

If you get something out of it, that's you. It has very little to do with the world, and for people to judge others for what they see inside a book or don't see is part of the reason why Humans are still so spiritually retarded and un-evolved.

In John Q's case, he is leaving Earth and is prepared to sacrifice himself for the sake of his Son. Strange irony that we are taught the opposite that the Son sacrifices himself for the sake of the Father.

Such programming is precisely what leads young Men out to war to die for their country.

But here is something we might find humor in. As must knowledge and intelligence most Black people have, if faced with the same situation as John Q, knowing we have to die so that our living heart can be transplanted into our child so that our child could live- the speech we would give would also be very basic. It would have to be something the child would remember, on their level, and we would have to reduce all what we feel is great and important into a few lines of emotional sound bites.

And that is what the REAL Bible is about, the small pieces of wisdom dropped here and there by people who are departing this place for a new adventure.

Such wisdom takes place less often in Church, but more often at a Hospice.

What would your basic instructions sound like? Would it be filled with intellectual ramblings about heaven, hell or what verse in the Bible is better than another? Or would it be a personal message directed at those who love and care about you as you do them?

Yes- we can extract our own meaning from the emotional and spiritual outcries from others, but let's never be deceived by them either. Wisdom isn't here to teach us how to live, it only lives to teach us.

Make your errors, learn your mistakes- reap you rewards - such is life.

Too often we get hot under the collar over things that didn't concern us to being with. Even the prophecies left by our African Sybils were directed at different people.

What are the basic instructions for that? As water people, we need to learn how to cool down.

Famous last words---
    "Let's cool it brothers . . ." Malcolm X ( -1966), Black leader, spoken to his assassins, 3 men who shot him 16 times.

2. Onyemobi

Onyemobi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    Very intersting comparison.

3. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Peace Bro. Metasaience!
    What lead you to thinking up this concept?

4. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424

I enjoy finding spiritual concepts Sis. Jai, so in a sense they usually find me. I remembered listening to a Man from the middle east talking about America, he said in 3rd world countries people are stronger spiritually. When the interviewer asked him why did he believe this. His reply was because People in these countries deal with death at a much greater rate and volume than people here.

He mentioned that he witnessed his parents murdered right in front his eyes as a young child, his village burnt to the ground by local rebels. His entire life rearranged within seconds.

What is amazing about such stories, is that when people in 3rd world countries cling to their religions, bibles, scriptures etc., to some degree it makes sense. First, because these words and traditions were birthed perhaps only a few yards away from them. But here, as our Pastor preaches about sheep, yet his ride is a Lexus not Oxen. It doesn't take him 2-3 hours just to walk to work in the morning giving him time to reflect on God, whereas perhaps it would make sense for him to having a fulfilling sermon at the end of the day.

I always wonder how Whites especially in America, those who have been spoiled off the fat of this country for so long would deal with the horrors faced in Africa and other 3rd countries. The problem is, we as Africans in America -most of us, have inherited their stupidity on a spiritual level.

How would we get ahead of them studying what they've given us to study?

The Bible is rich with myth, folklore, spiritual and social advice. And if we pay attention, so is Mother Goose. It is also filled with myth, folklore, spiritual and social advice. In fact all bodies of wisdom that are passed on from generation to generation are filled with the same.

Meanwhile, we couldn't possibly be living in the now if too much emphasis is based on the past. This is true even for the scholars who study African history, the traditions of our Ancestors, and those who try to decode the hidden knowledge of the Ancients. But in this case at least this type of information can benefit us if what is hidden from us is found.

Which is actually the point here, all that is hidden is within. And the more time we spend featuring what is tailored for us to read, the less time we are using to uncover the B.I.B.L.E. codes inside of us.

Most people think it's a joke when I say this, but if all the truth of the world was in the Bible, the Pope wouldn't need a Pope-Mobile.

[​IMG]

The Pope has one of these for the same reason some Pastors in America have run-flat tires. You didn't hear that from me.

5. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Brother Meta

nothing I can add or ask bout this one...

u hit the nail on the head right here....

I really admire the way that you think...........

really great read right here..........

I ain't gon get going bout the pope tho.... that could get me band up offa here.... lol (they already kicked me out they building up here... lol)

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    And this of course all comes from someone who loves the scriptures. Yes I confess...I enjoy the harmonic holy and divine words have the spew out from any Black Man or Woman speaking from the scriptures. I enjoy watching the sweat running down from Pastor's forehead and how he neatly reveals the handkerchief from his Suit pocket to wipe the sweat.

The sweat is the direct result of the fire in him and the fire in the people around him and the auric energy that builds up like steam on darker flesh. But the Pastor believes that it is those words written in his Bible that gives him power, when in fact it's his voice that gives the words power, and also an energy personal to those people therein. This is why when people of a different culture come around, they are somewhat taken aback. Because while they may've been reading the bible their entire lives, they never head it "read like that" before. What verse is he reading? They might ask. How did he get all of that out of "that" verse.

They will question. Because you see the "religious phase" for our people is used as a backdrop for real social issues and problem solving. We know Pastor can use any story to reference something that really went down. And not all Pastors jump into a Lexus, that is an unfair judgment. They are like mechanics who are using tools given to them to fix something they were taught is broken. Still. In order to move forward, in order to get passed a certain threshold where we know for sure there has been spiritual progress- it's better to stick to the truth.

The more we are entranced by lies and illusions the more likely we are to remain lost. It would be nice if we would read our scriptures for what they are, but we don't. Like White folks easedropping and recording the sermons of a Radical Black Pastor, we are also ease dropping and reading the words of Radical people of color. Except in our case the information is in the Bible instead of on CNN or Youtube. And in the same way White Folks do not understand, will not understand- don't care to understand what is going on in most Black Churches- we are also in that same position reciting the Bible as if it is really our total truth and reality.

And if hundreds of years from now, White folks are selling us the book of Tupac don't be surprised if we are doing the very same thing then. But just the same, Tupac had a volume of social and spiritual advice that was directed at certain types of people. We can learn from Pac as well as Paul, but with the understanding that our greatest truths are presented to us within the now, not in books, not in cds, not in movies- while they help to tell our story- there is a reason these are called "mediums" because the "larger" truths surround us.

The larger truth says we are great problem solvers here to provide a solution, and that perhaps if the other great problem solvers who were here before us did their job right, we wouldn't be here in the first place. IE - Why would you read the job logs for the person who got fired? Unless you wanted to know where he/she went wrong? If the problem of b.c still exist in a.d.- aren't we missing something?

Working our fingers to the bone yet getting very little if nothing in return is still a problem. Wars are still a problem. Slavery is still a problem. Cheating Elders out of their land, still a problem- this was done even in biblical times, it's still being done now as we speak. Murders, rapists, thieves- all ancient problems- no book on the planet has fixed them- not even getting "booked" has fixed them. A greedy upper class- still a problem.

Meanwhile people will still say we need religion for a sense of order. I'd like to know what Buybull these folks are reading from and what edition, because order has never been in this world at any time. But a "sense" of order is actually much different than actual order. For example, some people think their house is in order when it's actually a total mess. This is because they are conditioned to the mess around them.

The Bible can't cure the world or fix it. We have to remember why we put our faiths in it in the first place. It was because Grandmother held on to it so tightly. It seemed to give her wisdom and peace. The truth is in many cases it kept her from dwelling on past mistakes. But if we paid attention, Grandmother always gave basic instructions you would never find in the Bible.
    And if we are lucky, we have a Grandmother who uses scripture at it's proper setting, to conjure up her own hidden truths and Ancestal wisdom.

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Prov.21
    [30] There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.

Pss.111
    [10] The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Prov.2
    [2] So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
    [6] For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Prov. 14
    2.[8] The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.