Black History Culture : Aye Kwei Armah (Awakening)

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by MenNefer, Jun 1, 2008.

1. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Anybody read Two thousand seasons? ...(Sista Truthtocause...send me your address if you still haven't read the book)

Does his authorship give substance to the Culture/Spirit relationship?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Bruh, I think Two Thousand Seasons was one of the deepest books ever about our people. The way Armah integrated reality in his fictionalized recount of our fail, struggle and redemption is truly surreal. This work is like a bible of sorts to me, as we learn "the Way". We must listen to Isanusi and learn what it's all about. Indeed, its substance to the Culture/Spirit relationship. I would include Malidoma Some's book in this as well.

Blackbird

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Yes! and this is based solely off the video's you've shared. As I begin reading this book.....there is nothing which sounds "fictional" at all.
    When I read BlackBirds words, I had to go to the back and noticed the words..."A novel".:qqb008:

I wonder, in this world filled with illusion and confusion, just what is "fact" and what is "fiction" and for whom:?:

Fact or Fiction:

"No spring changes the desert. The desert remains; the spring runs dry".

M.E.
    :hearts2:

4. MenNefer

Ratings:
    +21
    Real Talk

“Have we forgotten the cause of our long wandering? Did we not learn near the desert how priests and warriors are twin destroyers, the priest attacking the victim mind, the warrior breaking bodies still inhabited by resisting wills?” “All honest people who have come to us have come because they sought to do themselves good among us, as part of our people, and they said so. These white men, they do not want to be part of us. But here they have come claiming they have crossed the sea from wherever it is they come from just to do us good. They are pretenders. They are liars. We have asked them for nothing. We should not have let them come among us. They have no desire to live with us. They will live against us.” (153-154)
    http://members.tripod.com/~manofmoney/2000_seasons.htm

I have Malidoma'a Ritual, Power, healing and community my wife got awhile back and haven't read...I'll get on that for starters...Hetep

5. MenNefer

Ratings:
    +21
    "The Desert of the Real" (Simulacra and Simulations)....Thats the book Neo (The Matrix) opened that he hid the disket that he later gave to the guy (Next to the girl with the "white Rabbit" on her shoulder) at the door.

"FACT" becomes (as well as statistics) a resource for an agressive (and preemptive) political strategem to bolster ones ideological intentions.

6. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843

I can certainly get with this! and....I see it in action all the time.
    I wonder how many people are thinking right now...."PROVE IT" or...."where's your proof" of what "I see". Hard evidence we want...."just the FACTS Ma'am, just the FACTS" (joe friday?).

heheheehehehe....lmbao!

Thanks for Sharing with me MenNefer!!!!!

Hey people, I have another one for you......these are direct quotes from the "novel".....2000 Seasons...

Fact or Fiction:
    "Know this again. the way is not the rule of men. The way is never women ruling men. The way is reciprocity".

M.E.
    :hearts2:

7. MenNefer

Ratings:
    +21
    Fact or Fiction:
    "Know this again. the way is not the rule of men. The way is never women ruling men. The way is reciprocity".

Meri Tu Maat!