Black Spirituality Religion : Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by African_Prince, Oct 30, 2007.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
  2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I dislike this woman. She has adopted Western secularism with alacrity. Rejection of a religion for 'reason' - ok. She is well spoken, even if you must question the truth of her every word and it's purpose - because she has one, and it is not positive for Africans.

3. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Her message is very positive and she's telling the truth about Islam, sans political correctness. I have a deep respect and affection for her.

The reality is that religion, all religion, is based on ignorance and superstitition. African people are better off without it (especially the Abrahamic religions but our own traditional religions are just as illogical).

4. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    When she speaks about the negativity of organized religion - I say yes.

When she speaks of embracing the mighty west as the ultimate answer - I say no.

She has demonstrated zero spiritual growth since she denounced Islam - in fact, she looked no further than her own immediate desires - fame and fortune in the land of the euro and all the wonderful things it entails. Her personal stories are littered with lies - of her own admission - but she knows how to work an audience with her message - Islam is barbaric. Islam is the "word of the day!" and people gobble it up.

Outside of denouncing Islam and organized religion as a whole - what do you think she is promoting in it's place? Why do you really think she is in the limelight? who do you think put her there?

Did none of her comments send off any alarm bells in your head?

5. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Atheism and rational thinking.The seperation of church and state (secularism), the abolishment of the hateful Sharia law, an end to "radical" Islam and the violence and misogyny it breeds. She is a humanist (from what I gather).

The rest of your post I simply disagree with and it's not worth going over.

6. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    oh my. have I met my first secular fundamentalist? or it that a fundamental secularist? hahaha :D :D

"from what you gather".. I can only suggest you continue plowing the darn field, as you havent reached the bumps in this 'admirable' story yet.

African_Prince - I do understand you posted this in the religious forum based on Hirsi Ali's view points as a new Athiest - renouncing Islam - a great demonstration of how horrific modern organized religion can be. I agree with her message there.

I do, however, feel that you need to think broader. She has another message- and it isnt pro-African.

You are an athiest. I grew up - not just around - but within - a multitude of religions/cultures and have been exposed many others - but mainly the three majorty - christian, muslim, and jew. as a result, I dont care if you worship a darn rock!

I DO care, however, when an imposter takes your attention away from the real deal - religion is not the real deal. as an athiest I'd expect you to know that - and concentrate on the real deal - religion is simply a part of the whole.

Hirsi Ali - great speaker - charming - lovely to look at.. but she speaks TO and more importantly FOR the euro. Check out her supporting audiences - even in your diversified/free USA - they are white middle aged folk applauding her on..

No alarm bells yet?

Outside of her realism over religion - name one positive Black issue she has raised. I dare you.

7. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    It's a trick

But it's one choice out of many. Good for her ...She has deified the machine and in another re-ligion (to refasten or bind to law). The refastening process is empiricism and cartesian syllogistic thinking...*Law* is the philosophical base of materialism and mechanistic thinking. Maybe if she's a good blacky they will invite her to the planet Vulcan with all of the rest of the cold, dry, sterile and pedantic beings in a stupendous logical engine of Utopia.

8. African_Prince

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Her message isn't anti-African, it's pro-human and pro-women. I may not share her pan-human/internationalist idealogy but I respect her and what she's trying to do.

Religion is not the only issue in this world but it is a very serious one. Religion allows people to believe, in groups, what they would be considered delusional for believing as individuals.

Her message isn't directed towards White people, they're simply the ones who flock to her. More then anything, I think she's speaking to and for Muslim women.

She is an ardent femenist (maybe not 'femenist', I don't know what qualifies as 'femenist', but she is someone who advocates equal rights for women). When she speaks out against the sexism and violent misogyny of Islam, who do you think she's speaking for? It's mostly women of color who suffer from the sexist and violently misogynistic teachings of Islam. Do you not think her wanting to abolish the brutally sexist Sharia law is relevent to Black women in Northern Nigeria or in Somalia?

9. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    African_Prince,
    She is feeding you a poisoned apple - but you are too hungry to care.
    Zulile