Black Women : Awakening Muladahara

Yes,

Peace and fulfillment, Queen! Let us know how it goes when your ready.

Have you considered home birth?

I was initially set on a home birth, but... I honestly don't know enough about giving birth to feel comfortable on my own. When I began my research it seemed easy enough, but then I started reading about how the smallest complication can turn fatal within minutes! That freaked me out.

I am compelled to make sure this little one is completely safe. The family doctor suspects I may have toxemia (another form of hypertension) and I'm not sure how that will play out in delivery....

I feel the need to make my choices very carefully because there's been a lot of factors trying to interrupt this pregnancy, but as I mentioned he and I are strong and almost at the finish line so i need to tippy toe past the opposing forces and get this job done the best way possible.

Of course we will celebrate his arrival with the family here at Destee..

My Birth Story

Thank you for the warm wishes, and yes our Blessing has arrived into this world safe and healthy! Sabaean was born on Sept 11, 2008 a beautiful healthy baby boy. :baby:

I have a huge admiration for moms around the world, many who bring forth children under all sorts of conditions, it is humbling. I realized that having access to a hospital, nurses, painkillers, OB's, etc... was really a huge gift and although it has it's negative sides, at least I had a choice. So I give much thanks for that, much much thanks.

The little one wasn't wanting to leave the womb so they induced him, not knowing that the cord was around his neck. So, for 7 hours I watched in futility as the monitor kept showing a decelerated heart rate with increased pictocin (the synthetic oxytocin). Finally, the OB said that my body and his could no longer endure the stress and recommended a C section. Terrified of surgery all my life, I didn't even hesitate, I said bring my baby to me safe and sound the best way you know how.... and 30 minutes later he came into the world.

I'm not able to sit for very long cuz of the tenderness, but I will be checking back to the forum very soon and thank everyone who wished us well.
The father actually did a very wonderful job in the delivery room - so I must congratulate the new dad on being a great doula! He kept a cool head and was there for me at every turn. He's so proud of the baby. I am so blessed that sometimes my heart feels like its going to burst from the sheer perfection of this little person (in my eyes). But he is a handsome lad if I do say so myself.:qqb006:

The hard part is not being able to do much of anything for 6 weeks. I got a little energy burst the other day and over did myself, and learned a big lesson about major surgery.... don't be a mule headed ox about recovery!

Anyhow, much love to the family and I'll catch up real soon....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back