Black Women : Awakening Muladahara

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by phynxofkemet, Aug 27, 2008.

1. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Pregnancy, what an awareness raising experience. So much that I am now aware of that I wasn't at the beginning. With 1 week remaining before delivery, I have chosen to find a doula and do it FAST! This pregnancy has been filled with challenges, many of which have led to and co-created a state where I am possibly toxemic. I was protected by great forces that have kept my baby and myself alive and strong, and I have been blessed to have my mother nearby who has willing made herself available for most anything I have needed. It is also the grandmothers who have supplied 90% of the baby's material needs, so he's ready to go when he enters this world.

Coming down to the last leg of the race, I had hoped that the father would become more knowledgable and aware of our needs. That didn't really happen. Instead he relies on me to tell him what to do during contractions and other pregnancy linked issues. Tonight he relayed a story to me about his white male friend witnessing the birth of his own child. The friend told him that having seen his wife deliver made him glad that he was not a womban. And my partner seems to vibrate the same feelings either directly or indirectly through helplessness or ignorance. So, I decided tonight that he is not coming into the delivery room. The birth of this child is not a spectacle, it is a miracle that deserves reverence. I am already aware that I ought to have been more responsible and managed to find more suitable surroundings other than the hospital, but that's part of the experience.

In the meantime, my Root chakra Goddess is taking back her power, and will not be looked upon as a "poor womban", or something to be pitied. No, since this man has not prepared himself mentally and spiritually he need not bear witness. I said to him, that if his friend had followed him around for a day, and then said boy I'm glad to not be an African - he would feel just as offended. I already know that the Caucasian in wired to misogyny, but if the brothers want to adopt his mindset then let them be cast out with him.

I believe it was better back in the day when men were kept separate from women's processes. The moment they began to share in the knowledge they also began to take over and to legally and religiously dictate to us when we were clean, and how we were to manage our nature.

The Caucasian terrorized his women with witch trials and the Inquisition, and made it illegal for womben to practice medicine so that he could take control of her body. The Asian degraded his womban by stealing her children and making her a prostitute of submission. The African denounced his womban in the context of his Godhood and lost rule / connection to his Motherland; his material support and source of wealth; the Aboriginal got intoxicated and lazy allowing his womben and children to be murdered, and spiritually destroyed through missonary schools.

The only reason Amerikkka is the most powerful nation is because of the exploitation of female power, but it's nature is reflected in the abuse of power that the country wields.

I have been asleep for too long.... today I awaken Muladhara and the Goddess that resides there. Thank you to the Mother of all Mothers for your continued vigilance and support.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    grand-moms rule!

good luck and blessings.....:SuN006:

3. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    "You're a queen, word bond you're a princess" -NyOil.

My Sister, I envy (respectfully and lovingly) your child that has been borne by your being, and will be raised in your presence. Oh how I wish you are surrounded by strong Brothers that will assist, guide, teach and learn from you in your motherhood.

More fire, power and Spiritual Revolution.

One.

- Ikoro

4. phynxofkemet

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Thank you

graciously for your spiritual support and respect... I am honored

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +866
    Peace and fulfillment, Queen! Let us know how it goes when your ready.

Have you considered home birth?

6. phynxofkemet

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Yes,

I was initially set on a home birth, but... I honestly don't know enough about giving birth to feel comfortable on my own. When I began my research it seemed easy enough, but then I started reading about how the smallest complication can turn fatal within minutes! That freaked me out.

I am compelled to make sure this little one is completely safe. The family doctor suspects I may have toxemia (another form of hypertension) and I'm not sure how that will play out in delivery....

I feel the need to make my choices very carefully because there's been a lot of factors trying to interrupt this pregnancy, but as I mentioned he and I are strong and almost at the finish line so i need to tippy toe past the opposing forces and get this job done the best way possible.

Of course we will celebrate his arrival with the family here at Destee..

7. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Phynxofkmt - Just a note hoping you are keeping well. I suspect you're a proud mother by now! Know we're thinking about you and check back in with us when ready!! :heart:

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    me too. wish you well.....:cake:

9. phynxofkemet

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    My Birth Story

Thank you for the warm wishes, and yes our Blessing has arrived into this world safe and healthy! Sabaean was born on Sept 11, 2008 a beautiful healthy baby boy. :baby:

I have a huge admiration for moms around the world, many who bring forth children under all sorts of conditions, it is humbling. I realized that having access to a hospital, nurses, painkillers, OB's, etc... was really a huge gift and although it has it's negative sides, at least I had a choice. So I give much thanks for that, much much thanks.

The little one wasn't wanting to leave the womb so they induced him, not knowing that the cord was around his neck. So, for 7 hours I watched in futility as the monitor kept showing a decelerated heart rate with increased pictocin (the synthetic oxytocin). Finally, the OB said that my body and his could no longer endure the stress and recommended a C section. Terrified of surgery all my life, I didn't even hesitate, I said bring my baby to me safe and sound the best way you know how.... and 30 minutes later he came into the world.

I'm not able to sit for very long cuz of the tenderness, but I will be checking back to the forum very soon and thank everyone who wished us well.
    The father actually did a very wonderful job in the delivery room - so I must congratulate the new dad on being a great doula! He kept a cool head and was there for me at every turn. He's so proud of the baby. I am so blessed that sometimes my heart feels like its going to burst from the sheer perfection of this little person (in my eyes). But he is a handsome lad if I do say so myself.:qqb006:

The hard part is not being able to do much of anything for 6 weeks. I got a little energy burst the other day and over did myself, and learned a big lesson about major surgery.... don't be a mule headed ox about recovery!

Anyhow, much love to the family and I'll catch up real soon....

10. Writspirit

Writspirit Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Is to make myself the best human being I can in th
    Ratings:
    +77
    Awakening Muldahara

May the Goddess and Divine Spirit bless your special and beloved child and you. May your child be directed to his highest good and be a positive force in your home and in the world.