Black People : Autistic Brotha Gets Ten Years for Assaulting the Police

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Sep 27, 2011.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    My cousin told me they gave Reginald Latson Ten years for assaulting the police. This 18 year old brotha is autistic meaning he does not respond to social cues the same way other people do. One of my other cousins is autistic. She is very intelligent. They just have a problem forming bonds with other people. Was a time if she cut herself she would go get something to bandage it up without even thinking of crying or telling her mother.

This boy was just sitting outside the library waiting for it to open

"Someone spotted him and called police to say a suspicious man was outside of the library, and he appeared to have a gun."

I can't help but notice the word "spotted." That's what people do to criminals. Like, the suspect was spotted leaving in a orange Datsun. So they saw him as a suspect just for being there, for having weight and taking up space. What, pray tell, is suspicious about smaddy waiting for a library to open? Oh I forget, Blacks, don't read so he was prolly waiting to rob the desk and take the money collect for fines for late books. You gotta suspect that. What else could he have been doing.

The deputy said when he asked Latson for ID the guy attacked him and started hitting him for no reason. I know that people with autism can be violent but this is why I don't believer this story. Can anyone here tell me what happens to a Black man who strikes a policeman? The cop says there was a struggle . Then Latson got the pepper spray from him and ran away. On what planet does this take place?

What do the police want from us? If they are trying to teach us to observe a certain behavior, what is that behavior. I'm a law abiding citizen. I would never intentionally disrespect any police officer or break any law. Tell me what to do and I will do it—within the bounds of reason and self-respect, of course.

In the past, we could always point a finger at our own behavior and say well that Black person shudda done this and he shuddna done that. But what can we say now? He shuddna been waiting for the library to open? I can't imagine my aunt letting my autistic cousin go anywhere in public alone but that is beside the point. The point is, if you are Black and you are in public, any white person can turn you into a suspect simply because that's what they feel like doing. You don't have to be suspected OF anything. No crime has to have been committed which they suspect you of doing. Just the fact that you are Black so you had to have done something. Just like when my father was a kid his father would whip him every week just in case he'd done something.

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=content/mom-fighting-jailed-autistic-son

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow.....speechless