Black People : Authorities confirm 'KKK' spray painted on burn victim's car

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Oct 22, 2012.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Originally Reported to us by Member Trying to find my way

Authorities confirm 'KKK' spray painted on burn victim's car

[​IMG]

Sharmeka Moffitt, 20 (Source: Facebook)
    Posted: Oct 22, 2012 1:46 AM PDTUpdated: Oct 22, 2012 3:01 PM PDT

WINNSBORO, LA (KSLA) -
    New details are emerging surrounding the critical injury of a Winnsboro woman set on fire in a city park on Sunday night.
    20-year-old Sharmeka Moffitt is in critical condition at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport. Her mother, Edna Moffitt, says surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. "Both of her arms, and they are third degree burns, down her chest and legs - one. Basically her arms are real bad." Edna Moffitt also confirms her daughter was not wearing an Obama t-shirt, as initial rumors on social media had indicated.
    At a news conference held just before Noon Monday, authorities confirmed Moffitt called 911 around 8 p.m. Sunday from Civitan Park, telling them she had been attacked and burned by three men in white hoodies. They say she was unable to identify her attackers. Franklin Parish Sheriff Kevin Cobb confirms that "KKK" was spray-painted on the hood of her car, with a racial slur underneath.
    At this point, police are not classifying the incident as a hate crime, but FBI agents are there investigating the possibility. Agents are there in addition to Louisiana State Police and local law enforcement, the State Fire Marshal's Office and the Franklin Parish Sheriff's Department.
    Winnsboro Police say they will be tightening security at the park as a result of the incident.
    "This is a horrific event for our community," says Franklin Parish Sheriff Kevin Cobb. "It makes everyone uneasy. It is our hope that everyone stands together at this time, and follow the information that is gathered, follow the facts, follow the evidence and hopefully that will lead us to justice in this case." He went on to tell KSLA News 12 that they have no information to lead them directly to any individual suspects at this point, but he says they are following all avenues.
    READ MORE: http://www.wtvm.com/story/19877636/woman-set-on-fire-is-in-critical-condition

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Very sad..all I can do is SMH. Yet people want to deny that racism is long gone.:(

MsInterpret..thanks you did a wonderful job.:heart:

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    My grandma just yesterday called me, she lives in Jonesboro, GA...and she told me that the KKK are getting all riled up down there...blocking off roads and what not.

4. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    What is really going on...Can't believe what I am reading... this is 2012 and these sickos still want to terrorise blacks. I would like to hear comments from the black members of Congress.

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I don't know why people assume that just cause it's 2012 and we have a black president that things are gonna be honkey-dorey...
    We still have racism among ourselves that we need to rid ourselves of...so how can we think that it doesn't exist?

6. dunwiddat

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I think what blacks have is Class Distinction...something that should never be. Don't the black members of Congress read these things to...I am really amazed.

7. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    No it's self hate....

8. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    They tell me it's the new racism (as I bow my head in disbelief).
    I even had a person on another site trying to tell me not to jump to conclusions (again, bowing my head).

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    "NEW" racism? Well, this is new to me....:10500: