Black Spirituality Religion : (Author edit due to new views)

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Broham, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Eno Otu

Eno Otu Prọfesọ nke "Kporie ịda jụụ ahụ" MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +116
  2. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me that passage can be viewed or interpreted in different ways depending on your ideology and theology of what a believer is and an infidel.

For me a believer is one Who submits his will to do the will of GOD no matter what title we choose to go under and an Infidel are those who does the opposite.

Now for some a believer are those who believe in there Ideology and theology and a disbeliever or infidel does not.

3. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    It says, if you hang with people who are nudists, you're likely to find yourself in a parade butt naked. It's a principle.

4. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    It seems to me it says
    Do not go into partnership with people who do not believe as you do.
    I see nothing about hate.

The passage also poses or asks the rhetorical question of what harmony/fellowship can right living, standing, light, Christ and God have with iniquity, lawlessness, darkness and the devil.......my answer is that they can be - Complementary and not Oppositional.

5. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156

As Salaam Alaikum! !!!!!!!!!!!

A Good Muslim is a good Christian and a good Christian is a good Muslim. That's what I believe.

6. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    Not Necessarily but it could be so construed.
    To fundamentalist and Literalist Christians yes it is Hate speech
    Lawlessness, iniquity, darkness and devilishness in a Christian Context carries with it Christian moral and ethics.

Lets take two examples - we not talking individual level but Nation/State level
    In some Muslim countries it is legal, moral and ethical to stone to death adulteries.....I do not know of any christian country that does such things, not saying they are not out there - just that I do not know of any
    In some Christian countries abortion is legal ethical and moral.....I do not know of any Islamic state that allows such things, not saying that they are not out there -just that I do not know of any

That was to demonstrate that different culture and religions give differing meanings to words such as lawlessness etc
    What it really means is that we do not share the same Values, it really does not equate to hate, but it could easily be made to

7. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    True......at the Root
    Fairness, Kindness and Love are universal, these are the foundation on which most Ethics and Morals or formed.
    All Cultures have mores which overtime influences the Morals and Ethics of Religious teachings
    It is these Cultural Mores that are responsible for many of the differences in and between Religions
    At Root they are all based on - LOVE

8. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    Anything that is outside of the bounds of an individuals value system (religion) is usually seen in an US versus THEM perspective.
    The US versus THEM keeps the faithful loyal and passionate by creating an IN group wherein one is safe and secure
    Indifference does not win or keep many converts, in other words indifference breeds apathy.

To me stoning a man or woman to death because he or she had sex outside of marriage is devilish, lawless and dark.....behavior
    So is having an abortion iniquitous, dark and devilish.....behavior.

9. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    Some may say the bible says nothing against abortion either! as the word abortion is not mention in it.

I have not studied Islam but is stoning to death adulterers in the Hadith?
    Do Muslims obey and or venerate the Hadith as Sacred and Holy book for teachings and instructions to be followed and obey?

Surah An-Nisaa 4:15-16
    وَالّٰتِىۡ يَاۡتِيۡنَ الۡفَاحِشَةَ مِنۡ نِّسَآٮِٕكُمۡ فَاسۡتَشۡهِدُوۡا عَلَيۡهِنَّ اَرۡبَعَةً مِّنۡكُمۡ ۚ فَاِنۡ شَهِدُوۡا فَاَمۡسِكُوۡهُنَّ فِى الۡبُيُوۡتِ حَتّٰى يَتَوَفّٰٮهُنَّ الۡمَوۡتُ اَوۡ يَجۡعَلَ اللّٰهُ لَهُنَّ سَبِيۡلًا‏
    (4:15) As for those of your women who are guilty of immoral conduct, call upon four from amongst you to bear witness against them. And if four men do bear witness, confine those women to their houses until either death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them.

وَالَّذٰنِ يَاۡتِيٰنِهَا مِنۡكُمۡ فَاٰذُوۡهُمَا ۚ فَاِنۡ تَابَا وَاَصۡلَحَا فَاَعۡرِضُوۡا عَنۡهُمَا ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ كَانَ تَوَّابًا رَّحِيۡمًا‏
    (4:16) Punish both of those among you who are guilty of this sin, then if they repent and mend their ways, leave them alone. For Allah is always ready to accept repentance. He is All-Compassionate.

Based on the Surahs above would I be accurate in saying the following...
    The Quran offers then life imprisonment, (which is effectively a death sentence) with the possibility of parole or death by stoning if such a directive is reach.

10. frankster

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    I notice you ignored my question regarding the Hadith?
    Plus I said the Quran gave then life imprisonment and the in brackets I added (which is effectively a death sentence) which is my reading of the Sura