Black Spirituality Religion : (Author edit due to new views)

Peace Destee family:):),

I hope that you are doing fine today. I am doing fine.

...So my brothers & sisters, I was just reading a study Bible. I was reading the Book of Psalms, and in the study notes I read something that made me question the King James Version of the Bible as that authoritative.

It was a Scripture that was very important to me and the King James Version of the Scripture actually made me reject the Bible and ALL RELIGIONS THAT MAKE THE BIBLE THEIR CENTRAL TEXT at one point in my life, if I am remembering correctly.

The Scripture is:

Psalm 2:12
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

To me this Scripture sounded "rapey," if you will. I thought what if I don't want to kiss the Son?; must the Son be kissed anyway to avoid being punished? It just sounded like rape to me. But I just read in my study Bible that the Septuagint and Vulgate (two European translations of the Bible from the 2nd & 4th century respectively) translate the verse as:

"Embrace discipline, lest the LORD [or He] be angry, and you perish in the way..."

This translation sounds much better to me (less likely to be associated with rape)...so brothers & sisters who implicitly trust the KJV, how do you know what the original Scriptures said & why exactly do you implicitly trust the KJV, if it is OK to ask:).

Peace & brotherly love,
Broham
How did you get rape out of that? SMH

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back