Attn: Panafrica

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Chucky, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I apologize for making a thread about this but, since I am not a "premium member" I couldn't "pm" you. I just started reading the "Sexiest woman in the world....." thread and was planning to chime in. It appeared to me that several people had strong opinions which created some interesting debates. Why was it closed?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think I provided a pretty clear explanation for why the thread was closed in my last message! The 1st rule at Destee.com is that other members must be respected, this rule was broken 100 times over in that thread!. It's closing was long overdue.

3. RunawaySlave

RunawaySlave Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see someone stepped up, I wondered why was it allowed to continue as long as it did, especially lieu of the fact that I received my "1st warning" for calling someone “Love Man" in another thread lol way to go panafrica :welldone:

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    It did go on for too long, it was my hope that the issues would resolve themselves, and the topic could get back on track. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen I closed it! I will not let a topic get that out of control, or exist for so long again!

5. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    That is ridiculous to get a warning for that.

6. RunawaySlave

Ratings:
    +0
    here is the thread
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31133&page=3

7. RunawaySlave

Ratings:
    +0
    Chucky
    I didn’t see anyone warned in that removed thread; guess it must of been a clique thing I don’t know…..

here is the thread
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31133&page=3
    :skillet:

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    No it is not ridiculous, disrespecting other members is a violation of our forum rules! For the record RunawaySlave you didn't get a warning for calling Rich a "love man", you got a warning for your general disrespectful tone within the thread: Saying he didn't know what the hell he was talking about, and making fun of how he writes? Appealing to Chucky doesn't gain you anything, he is not a moderator. It is the moderators who enforce the rules & who determines when rules are violated. If you feel we are being biased, you have the option of not participating in the threads (I personally wouldn't lose any sleep over it)!

9. RunawaySlave

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course I hope you wouldnt lose any sleep over it, but all the cursing , profanity and personal attacks that were in that thread, Please Bro save that!! You and everyone else seen it too, if you are going to Moderate, Moderate!! and stop being biased!!! :weights:

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Warnings were issued in both threads, and they were closed. For those who are confused on the issue, that is moderating. Unfortunately I can not be online for 24 hours, things happen when I'm not around...things happen when I'm here (it is impossible for me to be in every thread). However eventually myself, and the other moderators take care of situations when they arise. Nothing is perfect because we are human, but I believe the moderating team at Destee.com is the most patient, honest, and intelligient on the internet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.