ATTN FITNESS GURU'S:...

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by spicybrown, Mar 17, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    :cardio: Summer will be here sooner than we think. As I slowly shed pounds , I would like tips on how to shed inches on the upper arm area and mid-back without affecting the breast region. Are there any repititions that work? Do crunches work well for the abs?

2. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    What all are you doing right now....if I or we know what you're doing now it helps to fine tune it to get what you want .....

Red

3. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Spicy.....you still trying to do this?

Red

4. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I apologize Red, almost forgot I started this thread. I began by reducing my meals to 1 1/2 a day(10:00am, and 3:00pm), then I go for a brisk walk for 1 hour, 4 days a week. Already 5 lbs gone in a week. I'll hit the gym for the abs, upper arm and back toning. Any alternative suggestions outside the gym Red?

5. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

No problem....congratulations sounds like you're well on your way......outside the gym you can always do pushups and you know one thing I've started doing in my down days......it's going to sound funny but I'm telling you it works........I get out and find the monkey bars like in kids playgrounds and I'll run a sprint.......then climb to the top and back down the monkey bars and I do that to failure .......like I said it sounds stupid but trust me it works.......

if you don't have a problem with your knees get a jump rope....30 minutes of jumping rope will burn about 600 calories......if you run alternate your running days......1 day run for distance ( steady pace ) 1 day sprints ( sprint for a set distance or amount of time and then jog for a set distance or amount of time ) example - I run sprints on the street so I sprint from light pole to light pole .....so i'll sprint then the second set of poles I'll jog and it alternates until I can't get that last sprint done.....

get you some 2 pound weights (the little dumbbells) and shadow box....nothing complex just throw punches either time yourself or get a number you want to throw........I start my day with 3 3 minute rounds and end the rounds with a 100 punch per hand flurry(as fast as you can throw em...)

In the gym remember exercises that use multiple muscle groups will burn more calories and shed more weight than isolation exercises...for example squats (whether weighted or bodyweight) deadlifts (whether dumbell or barbell),weighted lunges, bench press,bent over barbell or dumbell rows , chins (wide and close grip)

There are a lot of things you can do to shape your body the way you want like I said use the big muscle goup exercises to drop weight and build strength then use the isolation stuff to refine ......

for abs......crunches,situps,reverse crunches,v-ups, all those will work the abs....oh and make sure that during your day you tighten your abs us....really concentrate on the muscles you're using and tighten em (make sure you keep breathing) hold for 10 or 20 and release ....it doesn't seem to work trust me it does....

sorry I got so long but I have a lot of info if you need it let me know and I'll email you links to a lot of different sources .....1 thing I use also is fitday.com

it's free to register and it helps me keep track of calories,and nutritional content of what I'm taking in.......

Let me know if you need any more advice or info or whatever and i'll help you out.........

Remember set your goals small cut back the bad stuff slowly and keep pushing.......

Red

6. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Mississippi Red

Thank you soooo much, Mississippi Red, you are very resourceful:roll: . I don't have far to go, my frame is larger, but not so fatty, that plus a moderately high metabolism, this shouldn't be difficult:jumping:

7. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    spicy...
    every known major fitness publication in the last 4 years agree that is not good to feed your body only 2x a day...
    3x is a minimum... depending on how long u stay up..
    if you get up at 7am.. and go to bed at 8 then you should eat at least 4 meals..
    or at least pop in a protien shake here or there..
    as your last 2 meals..
    your body sees itself starving..
    and it will hold onto the weight..
    the walking is grreat!
    its amazing what a lil p.e will do!
    Im down to 40lbs lost since january..
    you should also consult your doctor...
    about your bodies needs..
    weither ur anemic/your level of good colest..bp levels... etc
    a multivitamin is also great when your dieting...
    centrum is always a good choice
    gnc has a timed released womens mega formula that i use..
    its awesome!
    I eat 5 meals aday and only one of them is a 20oz protien shake.
    snack 2x a day.. on fruits n nuts...
    and im as healthy as ever...

ohh yea..
    arm fat..
    use weights on your wrists.. or a can of veggies will do too.. :rolleyes: and lie on your back..
    ans slowly with one arm bring it up above your head... and hold 4sec then out at the side.. repeat 50 times in sets of 5 for each arm..

also them circle things with your arms..
    like u gotta hoola hoop on ur arm ... with the cans work too.

when it got down to the minimum.. i just used cutting gel to rid the fat,