Black People : ATTENTION!!!!

KWABENA said:
Yesterday, I was perusing BLACK ENTERPRISE Magazine. I highlighted an article that indicated this very statement:

"ONLY 30% OF WHITES - COMPARED TO 79% OF BLACKS - FELT BLACKS WERE DUE AN APOLOGY FOR SLAVERY. EVEN FEWER FELT BLACKS DESERVED MONEY. 4% OF WHITES - COMPARED TO 67% OF BLACKS - WERE IN FAVOR OF COMPENSATION TO THE DESCENDANTS OF SLAVES."

This survey was taken at the Harvard University in Massachusetts.

So my fellow African-American brothas-n-sistahs, What do you think about this statement? What do you make of the survey?

I think it is further proof that we live in a white-racist country.

Well, do tell

My thoughts about the survey results are....Bump it!

Do I really CARE what white folk think about reparations? No.

Come on now, do you really think that we've come so far in our human development that white folk would overtly and willfully acknowledge any wrong doing or feel any remorse for what they and/or their ancestors did to Black people? If you thought that then shame on ya! :spank:

What was the whole purpose of the survey anyway, to prove what--something that we know all too well and better than anybody --that racism is as healthy as ever and the polarization of the white and black races is perpetuated by it? *smh*

So now what? I guess since white folk don't think we deserve reparations, then we should all just shuffle on home and try to get along and sing kumbaya around a camp fire, huh? Awww shucks massa, we's don't need no reper-ra-shuns cuz u's a gud boss! Hehehe....*shuffle, shuffle*

Grrrrrrrrrr!!! :flame:

Queenie :spinstar:

Cedric, I mean no disrespect, nor am I trying to rain on your party but:

No one is surprised by those stats, as brother Pan and the other poster pointed out, this is pretty old news. Well Old news with new Stats if you will.

However, I think the disconnect with younger white generation is that they fail to see how they benefited from slavery, some of them do, and then some of the claim the I WAS A DESCENDANT OF AN IMMIGRANT argument; thus you get the new generation mixed with the old racist mentality of America and you get your results in Black Enterprise.

However, I think the real problem solver can be the US Federal Government. Only they have the power to do something, but it will never happen, one house member (A White One) from Ohio I believe (But I aint sure), tried to bring legislation for Reparations to the floor of the house, and he received several harassing calls from his constituents and other members of the house as well as a scores of people from the hill and threats from others. He immediately pulled the bill from the floor fearing his life and his career as a politician.

So with that said, it aint happening no time soon, I think the Diaspora of Africans in America should embrace other ideas of wealth building such as pan-africanism and etc, in order to gain retribution for slavery If we don’t, we will be waiting an eternity for a handout from the white man.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back