Black People : ATTENTION PLEASE!

KWABENA

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Hello Family!

I just felt that since we are being hit with another Hurricane (Jeanne), It would not be a bad idea to gring this up. Have you heard about Haiti? More than 1,050 people dying, and the whole place flooded from Jeanne, everyone is starving there. And the only people that seem to be okay are the rich white canadians up in the hills of Haiti. I just hope that this family can feel any amount of sympathy for them. They do not have it easy like we have it. They go not get help like we get assistance. Please tell me someone on here would express their feelings about the poeple down there.

Cedric Denson

Yes I have been following this closely and few of us had posted about it on another site. It is possible that the toll could hit 2000!! Haiti already had flooding this year and people dont live in the best homes so they were sitting ducks for a nasty storm like this. My country better send some aid down there....I live in a city where more than hlf of black people are Hatian or of Hatian decent so I know they gotta be making noise about it...and probably wiring money to relatives.

Gosh yes, I do have a tremendous amount of empathy for Haitians and all of our brothers and sisters in the Caribbean. However, I don't look to the U.S. to do anything in their behalf though. Does anyone else think they will?

Queenie :spinstar:

I dont know that the US government will donate anything serious...I have heard numbers like $65,000. That is a joke. 1100 are dead and another 1100 are missing. 300000 are without homes, disease is spreading from dead bodies and millions are hungry and thirsty.

My home province is sending $200,000. Numerous charities are collecting money and having fundraisers. I am waiting to hear from our federal government though...they need to step up as should the US government.

Things are desparate to where the soldiers from other countries and firing flash/fire and smoke grenades at people trying to rush places where food is being distributed.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back