Black Women : Attention ALL Sisters!!!

Sisters, would you like a private forum to discuss personal issues?

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Do not care

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Jacuma, peace and thank you for the encouraging and thought provoking comments. What you've asked us to consider is exactly what we are doing. No final decision has been made at this point and you can rest assured that nothing will be done by any community leader to disrupt the peace and harmony found here in our community.

As Destee said, we value everyone's opinion which is exactly why we started this thread instead of being bodacious and selfish enough to exclude other's in this decision-making process. The only reason this came about as a topic was due to the success of Sister Chat and how women have responded to the opportunity to come together in "private" to share their thoughts without being distracted by men. Some women also felt that something more might be desired as an extension of Sister Chat in order to lend more frequent contact and create continuity between Chats.

As leaders of Sister Chat, Destee and I felt it was important to "test the water" so to speak, to see how others felt about the idea. So thank you and Uppie for providing us with feedback because it's very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Queenie :)

I love the Idea of a SUMMIT and contrary to anyones opinion I fully support the SISTAHS CHAT. I think it beautiful but a room just for yawl? hmmmmmmmmm I just have to wonder what yawl doing in there? I bet yawl up in there planing and ploting how to make an UPPIE VOODOO DOLLS I know yawl wanna get me but I am not gonna make it easy for ya! NO ROOM! Chat is cool I'll stay out of your way when yawl in there I think thats fair I can just see the mass production of UPPIE DOLLS for EVERY WOMAN and then the world wide marketing!

Technically since this is a topic that was based on Sister Chat (which is already for women only), and since this is a topic on Message for my Sisters, shouldn't only women vote?

That being asked, as a brother weighing in on the subject I would have to vote against it. I fully understand the need for closed door meetings. However, I believe that there is too much we can learn from each other.

I read women's magazines like Essence and Sister to Sister (I am secure enough in my manhood to admit that.......lol), because I want to know the issues that effect my sisters. I feel this is important to know because I want to be a benefit to my community, as well as a desire to be informed.

As men and women, we improve interactions with each other by talking and having discussions. If I don't know what women want, and what are their concerns. Then it would be impossible to deal with them and relate to them on a day to day basis.

Ultimately I think this sets a dangerous precident. Continual and expanding closed door meetings in my mind will lead to us being more in the dark about each other. I might be wrong but I fail to see how a closed forum would accomplish would a closed chat wouldn't.

whats the difference?

By the way PAN that's my point exactly, futhermore this site is dominated by women They already out number us so we if vote nay and they vote yeah who wins? Plus the issue of this suedo vote is hidden in "MESSAGE FOR MY SISTERS"
GRANTED we men are the babaling idiots you think we are ladies but even a blind retarded man can see through this farse ummmmmmmmmm I mean VOTE

The following is a summary of an email discussion I have embellished to make a point no one is quoted and this is my summary of a mans perspective

The difference between love and sex between men & women

You can date a woman for a year and once she gives you sex she feels like this is saying to you I love you now and we are in a relationship. Of course after waiting so long for the sex the brotha
Is gonna accept it and then worry about the feelings afterwards.

When you first started "dating" a man and eventually had sex with him, was it love? In most cases no, it was just sex. Some men never make that transition, it still remains sex, we will eventually start to care for you, and all that, but the sex will still remain just that sex. Only it's with someone we care about then of course male ego kicks in we get possessive and we don't want anyone else to enjoy you, so we put a ring on your finger to "ensure" that we're the only one

If a sister is stressed out or, whatever... sex is the last thing on her mind. Men on the other hand, can have sex whenever the opportunity arises
Since we are talking about the way men & women equate love and sex, why is it that sometime after the wedding vows are taken the idea of "taking care of your man", walks out the door. In other words, in most marriages why does the sexual relationship decrease? Does this mean that she loves him less, or was it simply a form of bait? Not to mention in relationship a lot of times sex is used as a treat for doing good or to punish a brother with that Hawaiian lackanukkie for doing wrong

WOMEN always give a list of sorry excuses why sex decreases after marriage
1) Children require a lot of time and attention.
2) Attentions may be redirected to family issues.
3) No need to "prove" you are the one
4) Sex has become predictable - not exciting any more.
5) Sex is used as a weapon or an obligation.

Why can't it continue as a married couple? What's the difference, in terms of lives stressful events, once you get married. The notion of sex should NEVER EVER be thought as some sort of treat or punishment. It should be done because you want to... that's where the problems of marital sexual discord start. (Before marriage a Sista is doin' all kinds of stuff. then get married and the stuff stops!!!!) How come I can't get it as much as I want when we were dating now that we're married ALL BETS ARE OFF! If you were freakin' it when you were dating, you should still be freakin' it when you get married. Otherwise, it looks like you were putting out just to get married. And now that you're married, you no longer have to put out
Its like you have to scheme to get the drawers like you was some single guy. Then of course if you have been a "good boy" and have done all the things she wants you to do or have bought the new stuff or whatever you get the obligatory sex in exchange for the favors. You would think that when you marry someone that things would be easier and the sex would be that much more abundant and accessible. I guess that’s why some men cheat? And If the man cheats, he expects to be taken back because it was just sex and she didn't mean anything to him but men rarely forgive a woman when she cheats because he believes that when she gives it up to another man she really likes him and that her virtue has been diminished

Now ladies I given you a wealth of issues, now stick that in your Tuesday night chat and I'll be here Wednesday to holla at cha

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back