Black People : ATTACKING THE BLACK EDUCATED AND MIDDLE-CLASS: HOW DOES THAT ELEVATE THE BLACK WORLD?

I-khan said:
Divide and conquer at its best in terms of how the "classes" in our world community have "turned on each other" within a context that we ourselves did not and have not created.

Anyway, it is really a matter of what our people in the "higher classes" do for their own in terms of implementing possible solutions.That is what I get from it,we may have lost ourselves in this world inside of social structres not made by us so we just react without examining what exactly is going on and the exonomical divisions as well as how to close them.

Some of our own who are not "aware" of the current world powers do act condescending to some of us who do not think like them,some of them do pride themselves on what info they recieve from other people and not from themselves or their own people.All to often these people are the "middle class" or a bit above and below that title and that is why they are criticized. That reason also being why you never hear people like John Henrik Clarke ("middle class" for his time),Kwame Ture,Yosef Ben-Johachanan (probably mispelled), certain members of the AARP,and others from a "middle class" background because they never forgot about their own people and the dedicated their lives to assisting and organizing their own people in one way or another......
Today it seems as if the "middle class" criticize the "lower classes" of our people just for the sake of doing so and calling them lazy, I could be wrong but that is how it seems to me.....

It is divide and conquer,we have to realize that in this time in this world we are operating under an entire system that was not designed for our true advancement, the "class heirarchy" that we sometimes see each other through is not our own vision but the vision of someone elses. If we drop their vision and use our own than we can realize that nothing really seperates us when the "enemy" comes after us using full force.

Brother I-Khan, good analysis, but I must make at least two points.

One, classes - or tribes, if you will - have always fought against one another. They need not have any artificial stimulants, or outsiders, provoking them to conflict. Conflict between classes and tribes of people is human nature. Families against families, and sister against brother, and mother against father, is almost built into our genetic coding. Conquistadores and oppressors merely USE our human nature against us by dramatizing our differences.

Point two. Each and every last scholar whose books we read, and whose research we use to substantiate our knowldege and understanding, is probably middle and upper income. University professors are paid good money, and let's not misunderstand that. Michael Eric Dyson and Ivan Van Sertima, are widely-published authors, and true to their Blackness. They are also very middle-class. This is the point I am making, that we are putting these men in a basket with the Untutored Mob of ignorant negroes because the middle class is as easy a target as the Poor and Working Class. That's wroing, and we should not do that.

Point three is, that in light of the fact that we have the understanding that we claim we do, we should not continue perpetuating what we know to be WRONG like ski gloves at Venice Beach. Haranguing the Black Middle Class as a group is stupid like haranguing the Poor and Working Class. Haranguing the ignorant and the untutored is another story, be they middle class or working class and poor. That is our issue, the lack of an enlightened education among ALL our people, not their class.

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

One, classes - or tribes, if you will - have always fought against one another. They need not have any artificial stimulants, or outsiders, provoking them to conflict. Conflict between classes and tribes of people is human nature. Families against families, and sister against brother, and mother against father, is almost built into our genetic coding. Conquistadores and oppressors merely USE our human nature against us by dramatizing our differences.
Very true, but the differences are captitalized on by the oppressors so they seem to be more than they really are.

Point two. Each and every last scholar whose books we read, and whose research we use to substantiate our knowldege and understanding, is probably middle and upper income. University professors are paid good money, and let's not misunderstand that. Michael Eric Dyson and Ivan Van Sertima, are widely-published authors, and true to their Blackness. They are also very middle-class. This is the point I am making, that we are putting these men in a basket with the Untutored Mob of ignorant negroes because the middle class is as easy a target as the Poor and Working Class. That's wroing, and we should not do that.
True again,but attacking the "middle class" and "upper income" is a fallacy. I have heard some young bruthas like myself mention that they (professors that want to help their people) should be more "hands on" with their approach. (ie stop teaching in the universities and start teaching in the "lower class" districts)

Either way their work is appreciated but not everyone has access to their works and such so some people miss out on the data presented to truly be educated.

Point three is, that in light of the fact that we have the understanding that we claim we do, we should not continue perpetuating what we know to be WRONG like ski gloves at Venice Beach. Haranguing the Black Middle Class as a group is stupid like haranguing the Poor and Working Class. Haranguing the ignorant and the untutored is another story, be they middle class or working class and poor. That is our issue, the lack of an enlightened education among ALL our people, not their class.
It is our job to truly educate our people(look in the pan-afrikan forum for the afrikan centered school in missouri) and nobody elses and we should expect nobody elses abd to recognize that we need to stop these divisions by supreficial means and unrealistic ones.

just my .02 cent

jamesfrmphilly said:
i don't think your language and therefore your concepts are helpful.

Is 'Negroes" a banned term? Other than that, I don't see what you are talking about. "untutored", James, simple means the unlearned, the untaught, or the opposite of tutored, or taught.

"Mob" can be replaced by masses, if you like that concession, but to say that a concept is unhelpful because of one phrase you disagree with is a questionable concept in and of itself. Somehow I feel something else - as in a pretext to question my credibility - is behind your nitpicking, sir.

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE said:
Is 'Negroes" a banned term? Other than that, I don't see what you are talking about. "untutored", James, simple means the unlearned, the untaught, or the opposite of tutored, or taught.

"Mob" can be replaced by masses, if you like that concession, but to say that a concept is unhelpful because of one phrase you disagree with is a questionable concept in and of itself. Somehow I feel something else - as in a pretext to question my credibility - is behind your nitpicking, sir.
so you know, here's my deal.
i react when anyone issues a blanket condemnation of black people.
i would like to think that on a black site that would be a good thing.
other than that i got no agenda.

i don't care where you're from, it's where you're at that counts.

so, anybody takes a swing at my people, i react. dig?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back