Black Spirituality Religion : Attacking Other People's Religious Beliefs

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by panafrica, Nov 30, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This one is directed at Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddist, and ATRs:

Is it necessary to attack another person's religious beliefs in order to validate your religious beliefs? Is putting down someone else's faith a standard tool of conversion?

2. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Brother speaking as a Christian the conflict can be summed up in two principles. In the Christian faith the doctrine of one way for salvation and all other ways lead to damnation. This is where the conflict starts and from there is becomes a contest of who's right and who's wrong and the practice of apologetics. When comes down to it's all about faith. Some would say there is proof and fact. Well can anyone show definate, undeniable proof of a spirit or a ghost or a deity that is reoccurring for everyone to witness and agree upon beyond a shadow of a doubt that is not left up to interpretation or perspective? The answer is no. So what we are left with is some sort of faith. The faith we choose caters to some desire in our lives. No two people have the exact same desires. People have similar desires. Those with similar desires group together and obtain knowledge that feeds that desire. This knowledge feed the desires so much that they manifest themselves. Some have the desire for vengence therefore they find a faith suitable to feed the desire for vengence. Some have the desires to be in harmony with the universe so they find a faith that feeds that desire. What we have done is essencially is choosen who and what we should believe and where our allegiance should lay. The bottomline is that if ones faith was so righteous and ones righteous deity was so visibly prominant to the world there would be no doubt and people would flock. This is not the case with any of us. So I say this if there is truly is only one way then by your actions, deeds and thougts make it clear so all may see with certainty. If this is not the case then we should keep eachothers faith on a personal level.

Peace.....

3. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Lol...I think this is a "timely" question!

I've noticed that in the AfroAmerican community today....among many so-called "concious" circles...there seems to be a strong and growing anti-religion pro-spirituality sentiment.

What is most disturbing to me is that any system of belief that promotes absolute rights/wrongs, ordered discipline, and a family structure headed by the father seems to be condemned and strongly opposed by many of our more "concious" people.

On the other hand many are flocking to abstract beliefs they recklessly call "spirituality" which usually set no standards for moral absolutes or family structures and call for no real consequences for the violation of the rules. I even hear many younger Christians who don't know any better get in on the "spirituality tip" also and condemn religion as if they don't belong to one just to be contemporary.

In order to justify thier beliefs (or lack there of) they bash religion in general and those who profess religion by siting global mostly non-religious catastrophes.

Bashing religion and religious people in my opinion is not necessary if you are secure in your own beliefs.
    But I believe there is another more diabolical agenda at work.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    truly; if one truly "believes" in one's "Deity-of-Choice", and that "DoC" "is all knowing" then one should be able to accept that whatever "those other people" are doing must be at the direction of one's "DoC". and peace for all would reign. ... but ...

there sure is. keep folks distracted with these "discussions" and "certain people" are free to just keep running right over everybody and everything.

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Most religions teach that they are the sole path to salvation, so, by default, everything that is not of their religious system must be wrong. This is one reason why it is so important to have a personal relationship first and foremost. That way, no matter what anyone says to you, it will not get under your skin because your faith will be so strong it will be impossible to sway you.

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Precisely!

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

"That is one reason why it is so important to have a personal relationship first and formost."

This statement is direct confirmation of what I have come to realize within the past three days. Thank you!

:great:

8. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Many of you have seen my spiritual transformation here.

While I think it would be very wrong for me to attacksomeone's belief on a personal level,i.e., teling them they shouldn't believe something or asking them why they believe it as if they have no right to make a choice about what to believe, I make a differentiation between personal attacks and exposition of a religion.

When you proselytize and evangelize your religious beliefs you have taken them far outside the realm of personal faith and taken upon yourself the responsibility of giving an account for the history and varacity of what you insist others besides yourself should believe.

People have been killed and destroyed for refusing to believe certain things. Lives have been uprooted and cultures devestated in order to promote belief in certain things. For these same promoters to hide behind "personal faith" when their beliefs are called into question is a retreat their very actions have closed off to them.

But all I can do is give information. Like Toylin said strong faith is not swayed by information and a true believer never lets what he knows interfere with what he believes.

I could no longer accept this dichotomy in my life. And yes, my decision brought a spiritual crisis comparable to the crisis of breaking out of the womb into the world.

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    PEACE,

there is a very fine line between "attacking" one's beliefs and "asking" what one knows about the origins of that same belief.........too the believer it is an attack, too the questioner it is a question.........!

Providing PROOF with FACTS of the lies and MADE UP falsehoods of ANY religion is not or should not be looked upon by the believer as an "attack"....but rather "tough love" being given by the provider of such Info out of love for the believer!!

The pain of that information is what causes the believer too react with "you are going to burn in hell" for a lack of any other intelligent response.........which only comes from religious programming!!

This is the same pain or lack of Intellectual fortitude that causes one too curse, as the mind has run out of intelligence which is GOD!!! :thinking:

& if you have run out of Intelligence (GOD) then what have you become in that instant??

There is no such thing as a religious attack, just as there is no such thing as an "Anti-Semite" in regards too white so-called Jews........these are terms SOLEY used too justify the destruction of anyone who dares ask a QUESTION that they can not answer for a lack of _ _ _!!

"my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge" - NOTICE, this verse does not name KNOWLEDGE of any particular subject...........!!

Free the mind & the body will follow................

KNOWLEDGE IS INFINITE!!!

10. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Beautifully stated dear sistah!