Black People : Atonement and Repair (Reparations)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Antar, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Antar

Antar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings Brothers and Sisters:
    I had the priveledge of attending the satellite telecast of Saviour's Day 2004 in East Saint Louis, Illinois. As always, I was very impressed with the message and the knowledge that the Hon. Min. Louis Farrakhan relayed to the Planet. He touched deeply into the subject of the trans-Atlantic slave trade and gave descriptions and information on how that period of time placed white America and Europe into the economic comfort zone that they are in today. Listening in the auditorium, I thought, it really is a trip that the political arena skips over and around the mention of repair damage that this society has invoked on the Black Man, Woman, and Child. It's really sad. Truly, I believe that any righteous people, whether they study the Torah, Bible (Gospel), Quran, or any such word would be deeply saddened and emotionally afflicted by the facts. My Brothers and Sisters, this wordly family that we are composed of is actually closer knit than you would imagine. Conflicts among our people, such as the one that arose recently in Haiti have a very big impact on us in our society. The ways that it touches us are often invisible in our daily lives, but it is endeepened in importance, not only because it put facts on the books for the youth to view in the future, but each pebble has a ripple effect on the pool as a whole.
    As a Black man, I feel at lost, only to be connected and uplifted by the Creator. I live with the memory of the pain and anguish of our ancestors rested beside my concious thought. "My trials in the physical feel like hell," there is so much confusion among us. This is to no surprise. The fact that we were uprooted from our birth-home, and tortured to such an extent that any memory of our original mindstates and beings is a miracle. What we do hold on to, thru family, thru history, thru developed understanding, is invaluable. See...our family is sooo important. Without each other, we really have no other. Despite our comfort zones that exist, our true place is together. Modern society does not premote this. Everything around our existence is largely degenerative. I'm committed to being involved in our community development, at home, here, and at large, I know those who have fought longer and in different forms of struggle than I must be with fatigue...but I'll fight as long as i breathe. We must come together...

One-love

\antar
    Adeje Baki

2. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    I agree...it was very inspiring..
    I pray that your commitment stays strong...and that you continually surround yourself with positive energies that keep you conscious and joyful in knowledge...

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,868
    Wake up people!

I agree with my comrades Brother Antar, this was a very moving and powerful piece and the struggle will continue unless we all come to terms with our reality and be willing to face the pied piper. It's an old cliche' but there's so much truth in it: "United WE STAND, divided we fall!"

Blessings to you, brother!
    Queenie :spinstar:

4. deepy

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    brother antar
    i left out one important point...not only be conscious and joyful in knowledge, but that you/we begin to act on our concerns...it is not enough to talk it...it is in the doing..
    thanks again

5. Antar

Antar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    humbly

Brothers and Sisters:
    Thanks for reading my "commentary" and giving reply. I must admit, I am deeply troubled by this daily. My life at large has been death and conflict. I push myself into positions where I must maintain strength, but only by the Creator have I endured and remain. I haven't had an outlet or developed to the point where i can effectively express my pains and frustrations, to an entirety. My readings are truncated...i stay fixed on some of the same pages for hours trying to gain simple understanding. Knowleged is key to our growth, and it promotes healing-a catalyst of sorts. Brother/Sister Deepy mentioned that we must act and apply ourselves to the causes that we believe to be true. Fact. Never so much have I desired to be effective in the pro-active development of our people, as well as all oppressed people. My steps are only physical, one-life, one-love...with respect I pray my efforts have a positive effect.

Peace and Love,
    Antar

6. deepy

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Ah my brother
    one can only take one step at a time..and you seem to be doing that...sometimes one has to sit in the stillness..mind empty...allowing whatever the spirit to come in. And it doesn't have to happen in a day or a month...My father use to say "just keep on living".. and it is so...
    Just keep on living...praying...leaning on the everlasting..
    sister deepy