Jails / Prisons : Atlanta woman wrongly imprisoned for 53 days because of name mix-up

Black-king

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 13, 2011
A Black woman was wrongly arrested and served 53 days in jail because the police mistaken her first name for someone else. This a new one, I guess someone needed to meet his quota that day. Yet some people would that we are free and not in captivity here.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...mprisoned-53-days-because-name-144442562.html

I read this article earlier today, smh. And to add pain to injury, the bond was set at 12k! I was too through when I read this, and really hope she is awarded the settlement she is seeking!

I read this article earlier today, smh. And to add pain to injury, the bond was set at 12k! I was too through when I read this, and really hope she is awarded the settlement she is seeking!
Well she can only hope, this the south we are talking about, the absurdity of arresting someone base on a popular first name, showed you how much the law enforcement system cared about Black folks in this country.

First name wow this was crazy i too hope she sue there southern butt off
they didn't think to check the middle name last name and prints wow!

Guess any one will do long as they black................smh

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back