Libya : Atlanta residents Confront Re John Lewis over Unjust war in Libya

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Atlanta Residents Confront Rep. John Lewis Over His Support For Unjust War & Bombing of Africans in Libya
by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon
On Wednesday morning June 29, 2011 a delegation of mostly black Georgia residents and others from the Diaspora met in front of the downtown Atlanta office of Congressman John Lewis. Some of them, including former Georgia Rep. Cynthia McKinney, had recently returned from Libya. They came --- I should say we came, since I was one of them, though I was not among those returning from abroad --- to take Congressman Lewis to task for his inexcusable vote to fund the US armed intervention in Libya.
Near the end of his long career, the Atlanta congressman enjoys a reputation as a man of peace and nonviolence, a reputation somewhat tarnished by his occasional votes during the Bush years and perhaps afterward, to fund unjust wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. But it was the latest stain upon the Lewis legacy, his vote to fund the so-called humanitarian bombing of African people in Libya that provoked this visit.
Leaders of a number of organizations including Dignity, the Nation of Islam and the Green Party of Georgia called the press conference that morning. In keeping with local practice for outdoor manifestations not smiled upon by City Hall, a crew of contractors arrived at a few minutes after 10 AM to deploy jackhammers at street level a mere dozen paces from the speakers.
Shame.... shame on John Lewis!” we cried over the construction noise, “for voting to bomb African civilians in Africa.”
In the time I was there,” longtime Atlanta activist Lucy Greider-Bradley, one of those who visited Libya at the beginning of June, told us, “I didn't see any military targets. I did see craters in people's houses. I saw wrecked businesses and hotels. I saw young people in a hospital, and talked to them through interpreters. They said they were bombed, and members of their families killed by US and NATO aircraft in their beds at home... When you're doing that ......
http://www.blackagendareport.com/co...his-support-unjust-war-bombing-africans-libya

black people in love wit the arabs, sad...........

http://panafricannews.blogspot.com/2011/05/nato-bombed-and-killed-913-african.html?spref=fb
On Friday April 22, 2011 as part of terrorist al-Qaeda agenda to liquidate Black communities in Libya, the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) bombed a passenger boat off the Libyan coast, brutally killing 913 African immigrants on board. The attack which was ruthlessly executed by French war planes was also intended to stop the Africans from entering the European soil. The victims mostly are women, children and parents, as well the boat’s captain and four assistants.

The attack was a big tragedy for Africa and black people everywhere, and humanitarian disaster. Earlier, the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) reported that 600 people were killed in what the refugee agency said the boat capsized in the Mediterranean. But our sources and other credible reports at our disposal intimated that 913 African immigrants died in the NATO’s deliberate bombing of the passenger boat.

Since the brutal invasion of Libya in February this year, by terrorist al-Qaeda , NATO and the Gulf Cooperation Council ( i.e. the US, Britain, France, Italy, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and now Australia), more than 2 million people have fled the country and at least 75, 000 civilians brutally murdered. African immigrants, like everyone else in Libya are caught up in unprecedented campaign of terror, and have been targeted for extermination for false allegation that they are mercenaries.........

Who said anything about Arabs,
did you forget the 100 thousand Black like you and me immigrants and jsut plain African black fol;ks living in libya since the beginning of the earth,
who are being bombed as well and have been lynched by the Al Qeada assisted rebels????

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back