Black People Politics : ATLANTA MEGA-CHURCH PREACHER DR. CREFLO DOLLAR SHOWS SUPPORT FOR PRESIDENT BUSH

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by KWABENA, Dec 9, 2006.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
  2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace.......

any preacher that does this, is actually saying they love money more than their own people....

I placed a verse in a poem about a year ago that goes:

if we are too walk by faith and not by sight
    give the enemy his vision (Religion) back
    if they havn't already
    Creflo Dollar, TD Jakes & Fred Price will soon sign the "One World Religion Act"
    can you dig it black
    the one you call Jesus the Christ WOULD NEVER GET WITH THAT!!

peace

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I just have a hard time understanding...

Why is it that they are so POWERFUL when it comes to speaking "Word of God," but then so weak when it comes to speaking on the REAL UN-GODLY.

KD

4. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Peace FAM-

Brotha Kwabena - the irony is I just had a conversation about this very same thing on Thursday with a Brotha who went to school and grew up with Creflo Dollar. I'm not sure our communities realize how "out of hand" these Mega-Church Preachers and Pastors are becoming. "Pastor Dollar" as in - "pass the dollar" is literally brainwashing hundreds if not thousands here in GA. But I shouldn't speak about Mr. Dollar in a negative way online. I'm sure anyone from "World Changers" reading it would quickly come to the defensive of their Lord and Savior: Creflo. So I won't talk about him at all.

I agree with this prosperity ministry to a certain degree. We all deserve to be financially healthy, but some of these Preachers are taking it too far. Church is a business at this point. It doesn't surprise me at all that Mr. Dollar supports Bush. I wasn't surprised when Bishop Eddie Long another Mega-Church Preacher asked for his people to forgive White people for slavery. I guess most of our people still don't understand why these "Mega" Churches are in their communities in the first place. Every Chess player knows, besides the Pawns the Bishop sits to the left and the right of the King and Queen. You can't conquer a people without first conquering thier spirituality and religion. Who knows that better than George "the axis of evil" Bush?

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

- because in their sub-concious GOD & the Un-GODLY are 1 in the same............

6. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Oh well.. I sure hope it's okay for me to add my two cents. I happen to think all of the ministers mentioned in this thread are powerful man of God. I truly feel they are just trying to show the people how to exercise their faith and apply a given system that has been proven over the years to be effective.

Now, we all know that this way of thinking will not work for everyone as with other ways of thinking. But just because they have applied the system why does this make them wrong? Why does it have to be considered "Brain-washing"... well actually those words can be used in a positive way.. as in "Washing of the Brain" for all the non-sense up there. And at the sames time in any arena, a person can only do to you what you allow them to do.

Now, I don't believe that any of these ministers are putting a gun up to anyone's head and making them give their monies. Most people who believe in the "church" are givers, they believe that if they give ...it shall be given back to them. They truly believe in seed, time and harvest, which by the way just happens to be a system that those of us who have a job do on a daily. We plant our seed=going to work, we work for 1-2 weeks=time, and then we get our paycheck=harvest. Now, what we chose to spend our harvest on is totally up to us.

As for Bush...he is our leader, like it or not, if these ministers are not in agreement with him who should they be in agreement with? From my experiecen if I'm tryin to get somewhere I always go to the decision makers, what better place to start?

Alrighty... that's my two cents.

7. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    For Sistah sonnee:

...when asked on an interview what he is doing about the AIDS crisis over in the Motherland, T.D. Jakes answered:

...Does that sound like a Powerful Man of God?

KD

...By the way, I encourage you to study The Negro Project and re-search the document entitled Urban America: Goals and Problems.

8. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    For Brother Kwabena (CD)..... no that statement does not sound like a powerful man of God...However let's hear the entire interview and not just take the parts that focuses on showing him in a negative manner.

And by the way.... thank you for your encouragement as always...and I would like to encourage you to continue to seek knowledge and apply what you have learned in a positive manner in order that you may be apart of bring much needed change for our people.

In all you do CD.. be a part of the soultion and not the obvious problem.

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Fair enough, but as I also mentioned, study those Documents.

KD

10. CREOLEQUEEN

CREOLEQUEEN Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see why any person, would "get in bed" with Mr. Bush. I can't say it is a love of money with certainty,I can only speculate. I do believe it is a money motivated move and yet again, I am mortified by the actions of these so-called leaders of the Black churches.

As a new christian, I pray that these Mega church leaders look beyond the money and take responsibility for the people they are supposed to be leading and quit pushing poison into the minds of these people and their children. I understand and believe people will only do what u allow them to do, but not everyone has a mind strong or wise enough to discern truth for themselves. Sometimes when people are desolate they look for solace in anything with open arms and these churches take advantage of that fact. They preach on how to seek financial blessings (anyone who has ever opened a bible knows that we,christians, are to be in the world not of the world and live for our "blessings" of our eternal life, not this one), they will tell women how to get a husband, why we don't have a husband, why our children are in jails or on drugs, any problem facing the black community but will not help where the church is supposed to help(unless it is made public). These preachers "preach" but never "teach". I beileve if they started to actually Teach what is said in the bible,especially about giving and healping the poor, the patrons would really see the light and move away from the darkness of these mega churches.

This isn't an isolated problem of the black community, just look at Lakewood Church in Houston headed by Joel Osteen or Rick Warren and his 22,000 weekly attendance church in CA. Funny how after church these people leave knowing no more about the word than they did when they when came in.

I am not saying all of them are bogus, in short all I am just saying we need to be aware of who we let feed us and even more aware of what they try to feed us.

-Not everyone is called to teach and it isn't a job to be taken lightly or for profit. Just my opinion, not law.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. who does Creflo Dollar support for President