Black Education / Schools : Atlanta Cheating Scandal: NCLB/Tenure/Unions

1. EVIDENTLY SO.

2. probably not but those who DID "get caught" were surely "made examples of." ---SOMEBODY had to go to "the chopping block" for this and 'Heads had to roll." (while the former Superintendent STILL DENIES any knowledge of this AND of its EXPLICIT nor TACIT ordering.)

However, I posted this here and in that other thread to show a "correlation" between "teacher unions/tenure/and the NCLB act" which all relate to this tragedy.

And I say "tragedy" because, MOST of these principals and teachers who encouraged and/or did this, did so because of the "atmosphere" of pressure their school district was under to increase test scores and their JOBS being on the line if they did not.

Many of these teachers involved in this were/are GOOD TEACHERS who are knowledgeable, skilled in their profession and genuinely care about their students.

But, when TEST SCORES are low, TEACHERS are ACCUSED of "FAILING THEIR STUDENTS" and "NOT DOING THEIR JOBS as EDUCATORS" and their jobs are in JEOPARDY based on those test scores.

....an attitude and atmosphere of "When a students FAILS, it's because the TEACHER FAILED to ADEQUATELY TEACH THE STUDENT."

Now, no, I don't CONDONE their actions; but because of the MENTAL and ECONOMIC PRESSURES they were under, I also cannot/will not "CONDEMN" these teachers and principals, "WHOLE-CLOTH" for what they did.

Truthfully, the NEW Superintendent said, "Education is the ONLY industry in this country where failure is blamed on the WORKERS, not the LEADERSHIP."

And, YES, the "Captain," the FORMER Superintendent made sure SHE DID NOT "GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP."

SHE did like Pontius Pilate and "washed her hands" of any accountability in this scandal.

...while for all these teachers and principals, it was "Every man (or woman) for himself and God for us all."

For these teachers/principals and the students, it was a LOSE-LOSE situation from the start.

I have mentored in schools for some 30 years, off an on. Its a shame that much of the responsibility and blame has been placed on teachers. I have seen how parents just send their kids out with absolutely NO home training. You cant teach in a class with 10 class clowns minimum. The administration wont back you up. Plus economic pressures to do more with nothing. I have been told I am a natural teacher. But, I would kill somebody, if I went into that profession

I have mentored in schools for some 30 years, off an on. Its a shame that much of the responsibility and blame has been placed on teachers. I have seen how parents just send their kids out with absolutely NO home training. You cant teach in a class with 10 class clowns minimum. The administration wont back you up. Plus economic pressures to do more with nothing. I have been told I am a natural teacher. But, I would kill somebody, if I went into that profession

Well, thanks for your support of educators.

....And, yeah, it may well be BEST for YOU to NOT be in the classroom! :lol:

On second thought.....not ONLY should YOU stay away from classrooms but you should also NOT be within any 100 yard radius of a school!

:lol:

In small portions, under a controlled environment, I do quite well. I just couldnt do that job full time. Waaaaaaay too many idiots. You'd be surprised who our children are exposed to growing up

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back