Athletic Sports in School

Eisha

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 12, 2003
Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation
Student
We recently lost Friday to Owings Mills in the tournament :( . I was just wandering about how your school's atheltic programs are like. It doesn't necessarily have to be a winning or losing squads. Have you played for one. How were the players like, coach and even the students who have an impact on the teams.

I'm sorry you lost Eisha. :(

I went to two different high schools. My first one (9th &10th grade) was really big on sports, and we had a lot of students. Our football team wasn't that great, but both our girl's and boy's basketball teams went to state every year. They won a few times. But I never played any sports at that school.

My second high school (11th & 12th grade) was really small, just a couple hundred people. And we were considered the nerd school. The state wouldn't let us have a football team because they thought it was too dangerous for us. We had just about everything else though (except for baseball and softball). At that school I was on the soccer team and I was a cheerleader both my junior and senior year.

Now, at my college, we are a 3rd division school. So people don't really care about sports. I can honestly say that I have never been to a sports game, and this is my second year.

Well, that's my experience.

Smartgurl

Sup Eisha, In my school all of the kids and coaches are pretty dedicated to being the best but we haven't got that championship trophy recently. The girls basketball team was good, they made it to the playoffs and lost after a couple games. The girls swimming and diving team won a State Championship this year. The boys squad had some state shampions last year. Our boys basketball team this year is struggling after losing most of the team. Last year they were leauge champs. and went far in the playoffs. We have really good softball and baseball progams. Our girls track team has been division champs for like 5 years straight. Our boys squad is average. Our soccer teams are also very good, the boys went to the state championship game last year but lost, this year they lost in the playoffs.
Im a captian on the football team and we have always been pretty good. This year we went to the playoffs but lost unfortunately. We were league champs. though, thats one good thing.

All around the student and the coaches all want the same thing, to win.

I've played sports for over 7 years. The junior high school atheletic program for the Oxford School District has one the All Sports Award like 5 years in a row. The high school, in which I played basketball and threw shot and discus on the track team, has won the All Sports Award for Division 1-Class 4a for about 8 years straight. We have one of the best programs in the State of Mississippi. This year the football team went to the State Championship game for the first time in school history. The swim team went to state for the upteenth time. The Charger basketball team made it to North Half finals after winnin the championship 2 years ago. My team, the Lady Chargers went to the North Half finals after getting put out in the first round of North Half three years running. The track team has two back to back championships. And we have the best powerlifter in the state. All in all, sports and teams go hand in hand. After playin on a team wit the same people, they become your family. And believe me, we fought day in and day out just like a family. I enjoyed playing sports in high school and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. The coaches almost become somewhat a fatherly figure especially my first high school coach. When he took another job at our rival school we cried like a bunch of sissies. Even though he made us work harder than hard, we loved him and appreciated him...So that's my take on high school sports!

when i was in high school it was a great athletic program we had a strong coaching staff teaching the fundalmental of the game and how to have fun i still follow the
teams i was on the football team and track team at FARRAGUT HIGH on the westside
of CHICAGO a ADMIRAL for life .....i even visit back to watch a NBA star who played
for Farragut Kevin Garnett and a young man Ronnie Fields they was awesome
today i love to go to the state championship games between High schools.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back