Black Atheists : Atheists unveil Fla monument near Ten Commandments

If you say so. You may see yourself as the "bigger man" but I'm not the one trying to correct everyone in every thread.

Later.

WoW! Is the pot calling the kettle black?

If not going "personal" in the discussion makes one the bigger, then it is what it is.

:huh2:

Originally, "tip for tap"

According to the Concise Etymological Dictionary, it was originally "tip for tap", i.e. "blow for blow", dating in English back to the 1500s.

Its meaning and sound gradually drifted to mean any sort of retribution. One linguist speculates that the backward movement of the consonants (from the labial "p" to the dental "t") may contribute to the softening of the meaning, but that's purely guesswork.
Sources: http://books.google.com/books?id=W7wCAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA491&lpg=PA491&dq=%22tip+for+tap%22&source=web&ots=NTZC9LBrg8&sig=sDfE5dZVg17JhVGs84hcX1Yfjc0#PPA491,M1

Thanks for the edification burh, because I for sure thought is was "tit for Tat"...after all, it was early in the morning.:lol:

Peace!

Thanks for the edification burh, because I for sure thought is was "tit for Tat"...after all, it was early in the morning.:lol:

Peace!

Its what we want it to be at this point, it could be tit of tat, tip for tat or tip for tap, but you are welcome my friend, and thanks for showing appreciation, it isn't easy :research:.

Hey, you ain't slick calling me a name, or you :confused: (burh)

'tit for tat'?

yeah the 'religious majority' is annoying but this wasn't done out of spite. more like out of rightness. fairness. if a muslim slapped some crap up there about allah, everyone wld have a problem with it. george dubya once likened wiccans to satanists. if such a thing were said about christians, everyone wld b up in arms...

the majority never concerns itself with the minority.

anyway - i laughed when I read this. those g/damned atheists.... * laughed* At it again! I do understand but going out of your way to prove your rightness has got to b exhausting. todays atheist seems to have untapped reserves of energy for this type of thing.

too bad the point will b lost on many w/in the 'religious majority'...who will only see it as ex of an 'atheist agenda'...attacking christians. let the martyrdom begin. I can hear it now,
"oh jesus said there'd b days like this!"

laugh*

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back