Black Atheists : Atheists unveil Fla monument near Ten Commandments

I'm all for it myself. It is said that we have religious freedom in the country, but it depends on the religion. Before we are born, many of us begin our indoctrination into Christianity, we see it on a daily bases, god, this, and god that. It is even on the money we spend. So if this country is really about religious freedom, they shouldn't have a problem with this.

Peace!

He's right though. Many people have many beliefs, what says that Christianity is the only one that is right.

Peace!

Neither of you addressed my question:

Congratulations on the first monument, but is this "tip for tat?" Nevertheless, Silverman makes a good point; especially in view of the so-called Christian attack

Let's have some dialog on the issues inside the article, is the monument tip for tat?

Neither of you addressed my question:

Congratulations on the first monument, but is this "tip for tat?" Nevertheless, Silverman makes a good point; especially in view of the so-called Christian attack

Let's have some dialog on the issues inside the article, is the monument tip for tat?

Yeah, I just saw that as I re-read it.

I think it can bee seen as that, but me being an atheist, I can say that it is a sign of us getting tired of people of the faith shoving this in our face. look at what they are trying to get done in schools. They are trying to get books to say that the earth is only 10k years old so the bible will make sense. We are also saying that we have just as much of a right as Christians have to put a symbol of what we believe in up for all to see. Telling me that I have to believe in god, is the same as me telling you to disbelieve in god. But the Christians that knock on my door, or meet me in the street don't see it that way. So I think it's a bit of that, and more.

I have yet to have an atheist knock on my door, or stop me on the street, and ask me if I believe in god, then try and convince me to not believe in god.

Peace!

Yeah, I just saw that as I re-read it.

I think it can bee seen as that, but me being an atheist, I can say that it is a sign of us getting tired of people of the faith shoving this in our face. look at what they are trying to get done in schools. They are trying to get books to say that the earth is only 10k years old so the bible will make sense. We are also saying that we have just as much of a right as Christians have to put a symbol of what we believe in up for all to see. Telling me that I have to believe in god, is the same as me telling you to disbelieve in god. But the Christians that knock on my door, or meet me in the street don't see it that way. So I think it's a bit of that, and more.

I have yet to have an atheist knock on my door, or stop me on the street, and ask me if I believe in god, then try and convince me to not believe in god.

Peace!

Thanks for addressing my only concern here, your answer is an honest one and appreciated. Also, if you read me carefully, it wasn't right for Christians to do and say what was said they said. So now its even stephen, so to speak.

Thanks for addressing my only concern here, your answer is an honest one and appreciated. Also, if you read me carefully, it wasn't right for Christians to do and say what was said they said. So now its even stephen, so to speak.

Ah man. Any name but Stephen!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back