Black Spirituality Religion : Atheist or What am I?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by blazejay, Jun 17, 2014.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    I wonder what should I be label because I believe there is a God, but Jesus and the rest are characters of a book full of contradictions.
    A book based on slavery and suffering.
    I do not know what happens when we die, I doubt we go anywhere.
    Everything is base solely on fear, how can a person enjoy life when they are constantly under fear?
    We go to hell for this and that, as a way to control a person mind.

I was a christian and use to believe the bible,Christ, etc... till I open my eyes to the fact that no one hears you when you cry, no one cares about you, and no one love you.
    Is war love?
    Is suffering is caring?
    Is judging someone a sign of helping?

We see this and blindly praise God, but what about the person that is going through this?
    You hate them and disregard them as being human being.
    If Jesus care so much for the less among us why he does not help them before they get to that state of being impoverish and poor?
    Why he make spectaculars out of their suffering?
    And why would he if he claims to love so much allow these people to go through more than they can bear on their own?

2. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    You may be agnostic...

And the problem which you have is with humans, not the idea or advice of the religion itself... you see, people are disgusting self centered unbalanced things which use the precepts of religion to cover their base wants and greed. Then they hide behind their religion to justify it.

But really it's based on your idea of what God is and which one you wish to claim

3. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    There is an ultimate creator or origin point, that is obvious. Beyond that...

4. Da Flash

Da Flash going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    professional internet surfer
    Ratings:
    +405
    Basically what Deacs said you sound like an agnostic. The whole label think can be a pain, I'm probably more of an agnostic atheist (meaning that I don't believe in a god but, I really don't know!) I often wonder, if you don't believe in organized religion, why do you believe that there is a god and what purpose does he/she/it serve??