Black People : At What Point Does A Victim Become A Willing Participant?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Is there a point when a victim crosses over, and becomes a willing participant in their own condition and demise?

If the perpetrator demonstrates in every way, over and over again, how they are going to treat you ... and you remain ... continue believing in them, continue hoping they are gonna do you right, continue depending on them for your sustenance, continue eating from their hand ... even going as far as to kill your own (in word or deed), those under the same tyranny as you ... does that change the dynamics of the victim's status?

Or ... are they still a victim ... is that the stockholm syndrome ... where you are really a victim, but acting in concert with your perpetrator?

How can one tell the difference, between a victim and a willing participant? Are there notable differences?

Should they both be treated the same, or do you think different considerations should apply to each?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    As long as you are being victimized, you are a victim. How you cope with your condition.. Meaning.. Whether you accept it.. Or reject it.. Or embrace it.. Or negotiate with it.. Etc.. Does not change your status. As long as the things you do are a reaction to your victimhood, you are still a victim. ... And, if any disdain is to be directed anywhere, it should be directed in the direction of the victimizer.. Because.. Focusing on the details of the victims reaction is a form of accepting the actions of the victimizer.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    I agree. You are a victim as soon as you are victimized. It's how you react to the victimization that defines you. Are you going to remain a victim and therefore help the victimizer, or will you overcome and become victicious (trademark pending);) ? One who has overcome their victimization by refusing to remain a victim!

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

Thank you for this ... i was beginning to slip ... for real ... :love:

Whew! Love You!

Destee

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

victicious(trademark pending);) ............................................ lol ... i love it !!! ... :toast:

Thanks For Sharing!

Destee

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    If the victim's actions or non actions becomes apart of a process in which another innocent person, specifically a child or children become hurt then, the line has to be drawn.

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    I could never become a willing participant...why?...because I know better from every angle. As long as we are programmed consciously or subconsciously to hate ourselves and then by extension those that look like us, we are victims. As long as we believe in and live out the values, culture, mis-education, economic capitalism, theological fabrications and lifestyle that is not our own, we are victims. It must be understood that as a victim, our morals are basically the morals of the victimizer and as such, there is no line that we will not cross.

In war, it doesn't matter if it is a child, a woman, a man or his dog...they all got to die! I'm a former Marine and I know what I was taught...and compassion, sensitivity, understanding and moral values are not in that pot. The pot is about nationalism, right or wrong and every dead body is a body that you don't have to deal with in the future. So even our so called loved ones over in the war are victims and don't even know that they are victims. They are killing, fighting, dying and promoting a propaganda philosophy that is the propaganda and philosophy of the victimizer...and the sad part is that we are being paid to do it.

In a state of war, the very first thing that happens to prisoners that have been captured or held for any length of time in captivity is that they get debriefed or deprogrammed so that they can resume a normal life. When did our people ever get debriefed or deprogrammed????? If anything the programming intensified and with it, our victimization of who we are or are not.

I can speak on this better than anyone. I believed in this country heart and soul. I was a student leader, captain of the safety patrol, a straight A student until the 6th grade when they had to go to high school to get work for me to do. I was in the 4-H club. I was in church every week and sometimes not by choice. I had college prep from the 7th to the 10th grade when I left school to go in the Marines. Maybe I was being preserved...but whatever it was, it was while I was in the military that I began rebelling. I left the military and went straight to prison for 5 years...and then wound up going back for 12 more years. I was a victim even when I had my recording business because I was living out the image and value system they had constructed for me. So in ending I want to say this; If I could change anything in my life, I wouldn't change anything....for to change it would not leave me as the person that I am today and money can't buy that!

Now I'm in the process of changing the last level of being victimized because I'm leaving the plantation for those who incorrectly think that the plantation can't be left. When you grow, you know...and when you know, you can go...because where ever you go you know that you'll be okay.

8. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Wow!

9. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    I'm impressed and honored to know you.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Truth, like medicine, is the only thing that requires sugar in it before someone will take it down. The old lie about the truth doesn't hurt anyone is exactly that, an old lie. I'm honored to meet everyone here. Somewhere, somehow, there's going to be someone who is young, black oriented, intelligent and financially well off that's going to digest what's being presented here....for it is true that one person at the right time in the right place can change history.