Black People : "At a black college I still got white knowledge"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Jan 4, 2010.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Did anyone see Skool Daze?

Benfactor of Mission, to the president of Mission;
    "The time for Black colleges may be over, exclusive ethnic schools are not happening"

President of Mission to the benefactor;
    "It's happening in the Notre Daames, and the Yeshivahs, and the Brigham Youngs"

Benefactor's response;The Irish support the Notre Dames, the Jews support the Yshivahs, and the Moromons support the Brigham YoungsWho supports the BLACK COLLEGES??? I'll tell you who NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

one cannot expect a mule to be a donkey, or an ox to be a bull, both of the former are gelded, neutered, in other words lacking,

And as long as the Black colleges are lacking, funds and input from us,

the currivculum will be as well

And if it's an issue about secret societies;
    We have known about the Boule's since reconstruction but have not in 75 years created any other allrternative temples of education.

i appreciate what the minister is trying to do but can't do, because in all honesty what we have today is a Nation of Farakhan, and not The Honorable Elijah Muhammed's Nation of ISLAM

let me give you the perspective of a baby boomer.
    From early childhood, maybe 6 or 7, I loved the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammed, as a presbyterian.
    Iread Muhammed Speaks, and felt power seeing those Black hands on the logo reaching from America to Africa in unison.

I loved the Messenger, but I never heard him speak!!!

I saw the restaurants, beauty parlors, barber shops, dry cleaners, funeral parlors, grocery stores, the news reports how the government had grudgingly given awards of excellence to their school systems,
    the women who walked with a mysterious grace, pride and dignity more then those I saw going to church, the men spoke to me like they were an uncle or reative, they looked dignified not like the cool hipsters in the shark skin suits and processed hair.
    The children were not running wild and what not looking to get into devilment but always had a book under their arm and one they were reading
    and they had a very visible presence in the community and to see those businesses, Black busineses, made a strong and lasting impact.

3. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    "...Wallstreet had invested in prisons. And there can't be no prison with out
    a prisoner. And there can't be no prison, without what, crime....Nike, are
    you investing in crime? Meryl lynch...in order to fill up that prison, are you
    investing in crime?.....The governers met....And now, under a state of
    emergency, he [the governer] didn't need no vote. Missouri, arizona, alambama,
    mississippi and louisiana is now buying prisoners from the state of california."
    ...Wow.

The brotha on the clip was on point.

skuderjaymes,

Good stuff.

You know:

There are those who will say its about the choices we make, not the system
    designed to benefit the prison industrial complex. How would/do you respond to
    that?

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    The Honorable Elijah Muhammed

wrote an entire book, explaing why we should expect no different treatment in the last 400 years then we recieved in the first, and as the brother stressed the knowledge of history, one must look at the Emancipation Proclaimation and see that , incarceration, nullifies any freedoms given and legaly reinstitutes slavery so yes, our behavior in not preparing for over 100 years to defend ourselves from folks in power that have century long plans to destroy us.

The schools are doo doo in our neighborhoods, but how many parents actually come to PTA meetings or form Black paremts organizations or raise hell like folks did here in the 60s with the Ocean Hill Brownsville protests.

A midget can stand on the back of a giant , unti the giant stands up and the midget falls off

Basic logic and physics,

like Malcolm said, do we know how to $peak their Language?

5. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Didn't the same group of folks found and support HBCUs who founded and support the NAACP? If this is true, what can be expected?:10500: Even now, one chose a white woman to be its queen.:10500: As long as outsiders and un-healed "black" minds are involved, it will be an issue.

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    First of all:

School Daze was too personal/subjective above and beyond belief, and if we're going to be candid/honest/etc. even Spike was just kicking it about the wannabes!

Flashforward and one guess is that today's wannabes might actually consider it an amusing college orientation flick!!

:10500:

As regards Mr. Colored Conservative via the video:

Maybe he did make some valid points...

Though it's on the too little/too late side...

I. e., some rich white folk (sometimes for the sake of their mulatto children etc. to have places and spaces to get that level of book learnin' too) were the backers of what we now identify as 'historical black' colleges etc.:

Flashforward and their descendants kinda sorta don't feel or think it's in their (personal/self) interest to keep propping them up anymore...

It's like that:

And that's the way it is...

:em0200:

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    that's interesting, that is kinda like Rush Limbaugh thinking all Black youth are like Lil Wayne

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    that reminds me of the brother who sat the saw the movie Spike made on Malcolm X, saw the seen with his hair getting conked and walked out of the theater, in anger and disgust.

One line

from one movie,

out of how many "Black movies about colege students"

I wonder if folks saw "Skool Daze" and read no further"

9. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

Is it really? I don't think so, as my concern wasn't based in having a problem with BLACK colleges, but you can't have outside influence to that degree in establishing them and expect you are going to get a BLACK-centered agenda. No, it has to be done correctly.

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    So basically what you are saying s that you have researched all of the Black colleges and found documentation to prove them all to be as you say on the payroll?

Or is that just an assumption?