Egypt : Astrotheology and the Holy Sciences of Egypt.

"There shall be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars." -Luke 21:25

"I know a person in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the THIRD HEAVEN. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know - God knows. And I know that this person - whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows - was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that humans are not permitted to tell." (2 Cor. 12:1-4)

"And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as SIGNS to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the Earth." And it was so." (Gen. 1:14-15)

"And there shall be SIGNS in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the Earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the Earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory." (Luke 21:25-27)

"The HEAVENS declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows his handiwork. Day after day utters his speech and night after night shows his knowledge. There is no tongue or language where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the Earth and their words to the ends of the world. In them (the heavens) he has set a tabernacle for the sun." (Psalm 19:1-4)

"Can you bring forth the Mazzoroth (the zodiac) in their seasons or lead out the Bear with its cubs? (an astrological constellation)" (Job 38:32)

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright MORNING STAR." (Rev. 22:16)

"And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the MORNING STAR rises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19)

"Just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the MORNING STAR." (Rev. 2:27-29)

"How you have fallen from heaven, O MORNING STAR, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the Earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." (Isaiah 14:12-14)

"After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. He said: "May the day of my birth perish ... May its MORNING STARS become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn, for it did not shut the doors of the womb on me to hide trouble from my eyes." (Job 3:1-10)

"Where were you when I laid the Earth's foundation? ... On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone - while the MORNING STARS sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7)

These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the AGES has come. (1 Cor. 10:11)

"[Christ was raised] far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present AGE but also in the one to come. (Eph. 1:21)

Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the AGE of the ages. (Heb. 9:26)

Just and true are your ways, King of the AGES. (Rev. 15:3)

Gospel in the Stars?: What Does the Bible Say About Astrology?
by Rich Deem

Astrology has no power of prediction​

In the book of Daniel, the Bible makes fun of astrologers and indicates that they are powerless to really observe the future. King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon had a disturbing dream that none of his astrologers or "wise men" could interpret.2 The King had ordered all the wise men, including Daniel, a young captive from Judah, to be executed. Daniel convinced the king's bodyguard that God would reveal the mystery to him and requested time to seek the answer. Having prayed to God and received the answer in a vision, Daniel reported to the king's chambers. Daniel told King Nebuchadnezzar:
Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, show unto the king; but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come. Your dream and the visions that passed through your mind as you lay on your bed are these... (Daniel 2:27-28)
Later, when King Belshazzar, Nebuchadnezzar's son, saw a finger appear and write on the wall at his party, he called in the astrologers, who, likewise, failed to interpret a writing that had appeared on the wall.3 These astrologers were again shown to be powerless deceivers.
God commanded His people, the nation of Israel, not to practice astrology by looking at "signs of the heavens." God calls such "signs" delusions:
Thus says the Lord, "Do not learn the way of the nations, And do not be terrified by the signs of the heavens Although the nations are terrified by them; For the customs of the peoples are delusion... (Jeremiah 10:2-3)
Those who practice astrology fall under the judgment of God​

It was common practice at the time the Israelites came into the promised land that the native peoples would practice astrology and worship the heavenly bodies. The Bible specifically warned the Israelites not to practice those things also (see also Jeremiah 8:24):
And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. (Deuteronomy 4:19)
The Bible says that those who are stargazers and make predictions based upon that are in error and will not be saved from judgment:
"Keep on, then, with your magic spells and with your many sorceries, which you have labored at since childhood. Perhaps you will succeed, perhaps you will cause terror. All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by. That is all they can do for you—these you have labored with and trafficked with since childhood. Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you. (Isaiah 47:12-15)
The Kings (such as Josiah) were told to get rid of the worship of the heavenly bodies in their nation and did so5—under penalty of the judgment of God. The seriousness of this offense is clear, since the penalty for this kind of idolatry was death by stoning.6 God destroyed the ten northern tribes of Israel because they indulged in astrology and other forms of demon worship:
And they forsook all the commandments of the LORD their God and made for themselves molten images, even two calves, and made an Asherah and worshiped all the host of heaven and served Baal. Then they made their sons and their daughters pass through the fire, and practiced divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking Him. So the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them from His sight; none was left except the tribe of Judah. (2 Kings 17:16-18)
As a judgment of God, the northern tribes were conquered by Assyria. However, Manasseh, one of the evil kings of Judah, also established astrological worship of the heavenly bodies during his reign:
For he rebuilt the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he erected altars for Baal and made an Asherah, as Ahab king of Israel had done, and worshiped all the host of heaven and served them... For he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD... "Because Manasseh king of Judah has done these abominations, having done wickedly more than all the Amorites did who were before him, and has also made Judah sin with his idols; therefore thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, 'Behold, I am bringing such calamity on Jerusalem and Judah, that whoever hears of it, both his ears shall tingle. (2 Kings 21:3-12)
As a result of this idolatry, Judah was also enslaved and dispersed as a nation, because of their involvement in astrology. Israel's involvement in astrology and the worship of heavenly bodies was described by many of the Old Testament prophets, including Jeremiah,7 Zephaniah,8 and Amos.9 All described how this was displeasing to the Lord and that His judgment was the result of such practices.

.....http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/astrology.html

... check out the next one below.

Pope Leo X And His Most Infamous Declaration About Christianity!a Must Read!
It was Pope Leo X who made the most infamous and damaging statement about Christianity in the history of the Church. His declaration revealed to the world papal knowledge of the Vatican's false presentation of Jesus Christ and unashamedly exposed the puerile nature of the Christian religion. At a lavish Good Friday banquet in the Vatican in 1514, and in the company of "seven intimates" (Annales Ecclesiastici, Caesar Baronius, Folio Antwerp, 1597, tome 14), Leo made an amazing announcement that the Church has since tried hard to invalidate.

Raising a chalice of wine into the air, Pope Leo toasted:

"How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors."

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-372231.0.html

Do you have any other "sources" for this alleged quote.

As per my response to Bro. Maf, your "source" doesn't pan out.

Like I said, there are many false so-called "facts" on the Internet, and many sites just copy/paste the same information without ever checking the validity of it.

THIS ALSO COMES FROM NAIRALAND:

...The pope's pronouncement is recorded in the diaries and records of both Pietro Cardinal Bembo (Letters and Comments on Pope Leo X, 1842 reprint) and Paolo Cardinal Giovio (De Vita Leonis Decimi, , op. cit.), two associates who were witnesses to it..
http://www.nairaland.com/372231/pope-leo-x-most-infamous

However, I can find NO "Letters and Comments on Pope Leo X" by Cardinal Pietro Bembo.....not even a so-called "reprint."

Pietro Bembo
(born May 20, 1470, Venice—died Jan. 18, 1547, Rome), Renaissance cardinal who wrote one of the earliest Italian grammars and assisted in establishing the Italian literary language.
Of an aristocratic family, Bembo was educated principally by his father, a man of great authority in the Venetian republic. In 1513 the son became secretary to Pope Leo X in Rome. On Leo’s death (1521), he retired to Padua. He accepted the office of historiographer of Venice in 1529, and was shortly thereafter appointed librarian of St. Mark’s Cathedral. Created a cardinal in 1539, Bembo returned to Rome, where he devoted himself to theology and classical history.
Bembo wrote Latin lyric poetry ..
YOUR "source" also said that Paolo Giovio wrote about this alleged quote. ---But, WHERE is it?

Paolo Giovio (also spelled Paulo Jovio; Latin: Paulus Jovius) (April 19, 1483 – December 11, 1552) was an Italian physician, historian and biographer, and prelate.
He is chiefly known as the author of a celebrated work of contemporary history, Historiarum sui temporis libri XLV, of a collection of lives of famous men, Vitae virorum illustrium(1549‑57), and of Elogia virorum bellica virtute illustrium, (Florence, 1554), which may be translated as Praise of Men Illustrious for Courage in War (1554). He is best remembered as a chronicler of the Italian Wars....
...He worked as physician in Como but, after the spreading of the plague in that city he moved to Rome, settling there in 1513. Pope Leo X assigned him a cathedra of Moral Philosophyand, later, that of Natural Philosophy in the Roman university. He was also knighted by the Pope.[1] In the same period he started to write historical essays. He wrote a memoir of Leo soon after his death.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Giovio
Moreover, all of these men wrote IN LATIN....So, just WHERE are these literary works NOW and their TRANSLATIONS?

Your "source" says that these 2 men were "WITNESSES" to this alleged quote.

So, if they WROTE about it, WHERE IS IT?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back