Black Spirituality Religion : ASTRAL PROJECTION FOR BEGINNERS

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Where will your mind take you?

[​IMG]

Since so many of us are becoming aware of our desire to astral project, or our ability to do so- it was wise to create a thread dedicated to beginners who are looking for more information on how astral projection can be experienced.

I will still call myself a beginner, I've come a long way- but I have not reached the level of those who have more time to dedicate their minds to this craft. However, knowing how to astral project and mastering astral projection are entirely two different dimensions of schooling.

For a quick read through guide- here is a PDF on the subject:
    http://www.datafilehost.com/download-ba234280.html

[​IMG]

What do you need to astrally project?

The ability to meditate into a trance state and a focused mind.

An astraler is someone who basically goes into an altered state of consciousness in order to project their mind or spirit into the astral realm.

[​IMG]

There are millions of different ways to get to that trance state. Some people use herbs, some people use teas, smokes- more commonly most of us are able to access this trance state while we are sleep. This is also why astral projection is often confused with dreaming.

It's a good idea however, to learn how to astral project without actually getting tired and going to sleep. IE- dream while awake. Of course, since this is for beginners, always start from the place you understand the most and work up from there.

Knowing how to meditate and focus your mind are essential tools in this regard. If you understand these tools you are well on your way.

[​IMG]

In order to access the astral mind, or the astral consciousness within the body a very good meditation technique evolves seeing yourself walking down 10 steps. As you walk down those steps you count backwards from 10 thru 1.
    You will keep going down and down until you feel yourself drifting into a trace state. For some people this happens by the 7th or 8th flight of stairs.

More to come...

2. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Understanding Astral Projection and How to Astral Project

Thank you Brother Meta.

I would like to include a series of videos that adds to what you have already said about Astral Projection. One important point that the speaker in the video makes is that Astral Projection is not necessarily for those who have not yet mastered this realm of existence such as those who feel they have failed in this realm or those who feel they are not happy here, such people will not necessarily find joy or even find the answers by trying to escape into the astral plane. He also points out the dangers of astral projection.

Peace, love, light!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

3. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello Metascience,

I wonder if you would so kind as to distinguish between lucid dreaming and astral projection in part two of your post? many thanks.

On a totally different thread but related issue, I was reading about spiritual IP addresses but could not find the chart to convert my name into its numerical form. Would you mind providing this? I checked all the threads in that post but could not find it.

Many thanks!
    Peace
    Amazon1979

4. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Soulosophy, very interesting videos- part 3 definitely gave some good tips about projecting astrally. I'm certain his forum is filled with White nerds looking at astral projection as some type of "video game" for them to master, his warning is sound but not always accurate especially for African people on the planet.

The same can be said for all occult science, there will always be people who use occult science to escape this reality, one can never be so arrogant to say such people do not succeed at doing so. The same is true for weed, alcohol, drugs etc.

The fact is, as he has mentioned -one, Astral projection is simple, and two- we are not our bodies. So what does that mean in contrast with the warning he gave? Isn't it the very nature of spirit to escape the confines of it's vessel?

The reason why I stress this point is that I personally know what most people suffer from is the fact that they never gain enough evidence for themselves that other dimensions exist in the first place, or that we are able to travel there. Most of us are only offered versions of the afterlife from our bibles and scriptures, and secretly many of us are afraid of hell- even those who deny it's existence. We cannot begin to really experience "a beautiful world around us" as he suggests until we are made aware of truth about our mortality and the fear of death is completely removed.

I have no fear of death and this is mainly due to the wealth of astral experiences I have. I have a love for life because I feel responsible and devoted to a tribe of souls that are here that I feel need me to be here until my energy is no longer required.

I always joke that when I first learned to astral travel it was to visit a female with a strict Father. I would travel outside my body an hover outside her window projecting my thoughts into her mind. I never truly believed I was doing this, I thought I was basically imagining the whole thing. But when we would meet up in school she would tell me she felt like I was in the room with her during the night. My close Nigeria buddy at the time used to do the same thing, only he would travel to Nigeria to visit an ex. Girlfriend.

What can get confusing I think, is that "astral projection" is not always about the astral realm, it can also be about using the astral realm to travel huge distances into the physical.

I will not say astral projection can't be dangerous, it can. But we also live in a very dangerous world. There are all types of characters in the astral world that have threatened me with manners of harm. I've been trapped, even help hostage before- unable to awake from my trance. I've heard horror stories about people having their bodies stolen from them by other beings.

It's still a good question to ask, why am I interested in astral projection? For me it is to regain a hidden dimension of my being. Remember we are not the body, we are multi-dimensional- we are just as must astral beings as we are spiritual. Some of us merged into existence as populated thought forms.

For most beginners, astral projection is a way to experience a reality beyond this realm. If there are people willing to learn astral projection to "escape" this reality, so beit, it sounds much better than crack. In fact, the very state of "getting high" is based on our desire to experience a life outside of the body.

What is worth mentioning in the context is that there are so many highly evolved Teachers waiting for us to learn astral projection. In fact, I'm willing to bet that most people who are interested in astral projection want to gain more knowledge of it because "something" is pushing them towards it. There is a reason why, because the astral realm is a meeting place between this physical realm and the etheric and spiritual realms. The vibratory frequency for the spirit realm might be too high for some people to access, but the astral realm is the right frequency for our minds to handle. It is there that Ancestors often come to speak to us.

amazon1979- I know, the "Dreams and Astral projection" thread is very long indeed. The chart is found here: http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47889&page=14

Lucid dreaming happens when you are conscious of yourself dreaming within the dream. You'd look around your dream world and say "What am I dreaming about now?" Now, it's difficult to distinguish "lucid dreaming" from unconscious astral projection. Unconscious astral projection happens when we astral project in our sleep. Like the lucid dream we are walking around this world totally awake and aware, the only difference is- in a lucid dream there are messages and symbols there for us to take away from the experience. Lucid or not, it is still basically a "dream" and dreams are only recorded message that are played back to us when we are at a certain level of consciousness. The astral world is not concerned with symbols or if you will remember the experience when you wake up.

In the dream world- timing is important because a story is being told. It's like a theater play with friends, family, strangers and events. In the astral world, there is no play. For example if you projected yourself into an old house with a rocking chair on the porch- if you wanted to, you could sit on that rocking chair all day long- forever. The Sun will never go down and also long as your mind can be kept occupied by the scenery nothing will change. This is because you are inside an astral realm, a place perhaps of your own creation. There is no story line, no messages from your brain translated into symbols, no running river water to symbolize your body's need for fresh clean blood- you have traveled beyond the body traveling along the signal lines of your mind.

5. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Thank you for your response Brother Meta...

Indeed, as you say, it is our very nature to want to be liberated from the restrictions of the physical realm. If one is astral projecting without nurturing the spiritual self, can that not cause more harm than good? As you say, you yourself have been threatened and you are a lot more enlightened than those who do not have such wisdom and knowledge of the self. Indeed we live in a dangerous world, however, those of us in the Western world have some kind of protection and know what kind of dangers to watch out for and to guard ourselves against, but what kind of protection will one have in the astral realm without first understanding and nurturing one’s spiritual/higher self? Is there not a proper way, if you would, a system, to learn and master the art of peace in order to function in unity, harmony and equilibrium?

How are we going to delve into a realm of something we perhaps do not truly understand if we don’t even understand the self or don’t understand the dynamics of the inner and outer universe? I kind of liken it to a vehicle/car. Before I can drive it, I have to first learn about it, understand the dynamics of how it functions within its environment like the roads, high/motorway, junctions, other cars, traffic signs, pedestrians; its needs like petrol, oil, water, etc etc. I have to learn to control and master it, and then I am ready to take the test in order to pass. If I don’t have the basic training of how to drive my vehicle efficiently, then I will crash. Did not our ancestors first have to reach a certain level of understanding of self in connection with the universe before they were initiated into the higher spiritual orders? But as you say, we are not taught in this way anymore. We’re not taught about our true selves but taught to perceive ourselves merely as one dimensional beings. So, for me personally, I am seeking to spiritually evolve through practices that help me to work on the spiritual aspects of my Being, and that means, when I do astral project, I do not intend to have a load of baggage’s with me as I do not know what form/s they will take in the astral realm. Perhaps these Beings that do threaten us in the astral plane are nothing more than our thoughts and emotions, our past baggage’s that we’re still holding onto, our insecurities and our fears etc.

If the mind can create our reality, which is dependant on the quality of our thoughts and our emotions in this physical realm, then what will our minds manifest in the realm of non-space and non-time where it is boundless?

Peace, love, light…1
    (Oh, btw, this Brother is a Sista) :em3400:

6. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Thanks for this thread, very good information!!

7. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    I apologize for that one Sis. Soulosophy. It was a simple matter of reading where it said "Sister" under your location on the right, I missed it.

It's good that you've brought up these concerns, this is why this thread is so important. Astral projection by itself is harmless, there is a reason why I've encountered certain experiences that were dangerous for me astrally, and that was because I was ego tripping at that time in my life. The dangers involved here is a simple matter of common sense. I understand the ideals behind most new age so-called "gurus" who want to sell the idea that there all sorts of limitations and preps involved for anything dealing with our own spiritual nature. Some of it is true to a degree.

When we learned how to walk from crawling we learned through mimicry. But that mimicry does not work unless as babies we truly believe we could and someone was feeding us with confidence. Despite that, we still fell at times, got hurt, got back up. Such is life.

As I said before this is true with any occult science. The same can be said for people who direct thought form energy at other people as a weapon. Some people discharge negative thought form energy in their homes all day long, never realize it- and end up creating a negative domestic environment that attracts negative spirits. Simple thoughts can create danger, cause harm and influence negative events- but it doesn't stop people from thinking does it.

I would never say to someone who has a negative experience in this life - don't learn astral projection. Because the very act of learning astral projection might enrich that person's spiritual life. Because again, what are we dealing with? Meditation for one, a trance state and a focused mind. Telling someone who has a negative physical life experience not to learn meditation, is like telling someone who is sick not to seek out healing. Sounds odd don't you think? But I understand that language especially when it is coming from Asians speaking to Whites who come to Asian countries all the time trying to be the next Karate kid.

But it loses it's flavor in the true context of African spirituality. Astral projection was just as much a part of our culture as "collective dreaming" is part of most native American cultures. Some have suggested it is one in the same.

As the Ancients have said, without the body our thoughts are our flesh. Now, someone is burdened down by this life, filled with negative thoughts etc., will be defeated anyway by the time they start meditation. They will never make it to the astral plane anyway. Keep in mind that when we reach that trance state, we are accessing the unconscious mind- this mind is also known as the "inner child" the playful self- not something that is interested in the attributes of the conscious mind. This is the same mind prophets use to access the spirit world.

Of course, it is still possible to take within the astral world elements of ourselves, just as I was able to carry my ego. But that has to be a true intent. When I was younger, it was always my intent to carry my ego everywhere I went, which was why I would get into fights in the astral world all the time. I am saying you cannot take your "baggage" with you into that world unless that is your intent to do so.

If a homelessman wishes to learn astral projection so he can escape his reality what sense is it in restricting him? As I said, through learning he will enrich his spiritual experience. When I was unemployed during the summer after high school, I projected myself into some type of movie theater that showed me 3 jobs that should go after. I ended up getting hired all all 3 jobs, but I narrowed it down to one. The astral realm provides clues for us to better our lives, so it seems backwards to use our current state in this realm to define how we should experience it, if at all.

The key is knowing your true intent for traveling into another dimension. What are you really looking for? What experience are you trying to have? What reality are you trying to find?

Astral projection can also be called "a controlled out of body experience." Most out of body experiences happen ~because~ the soul wants to escape the body and experience the world without being held down by the body's weight. It happens often on the operating table so that the body is given time to heal itself. Remote viewing is also a form of astral projection. Some of our tax dollars goes towards the employment of trained Government Remote viewers who can bend space and time in order to see what they need to see.

SIMPLE ASTRAL TEST

Find a book that you haven't read for awhile, not something that you might have memorized like the bible. Make sure it is a book with page numbers. Flip through that book for a few flips and close it. Take the book to another room, if you are really good- take the book to another house, a friend's house- or leave it at your job.

Before getting seriously deep into the meditation part, you have to get comfortable with the idea of traveling outside of your body. Your imagination will be your best guide for this one.

Get very comfortable sitting up in a chair, on in the traditional lotus meditation position, whichever makes you feel alert and aware. Close your eyes and take a few long deep breathes, in through the nose out through the mouth. Repeat this as many times as you need to bring yourself to a place of clam.

Keep you eyes close and now imagine your spirit leaving the body and walking towards the book you placed somewhere. Use your imagination to see your room, you can walk or you can float it's up to you.

When you reach the book, flip it open. Try to read at least one word in the book and make a note of the page number. Keeping that word and page number in memory. Return to your body. Open your eyes. Find the book. Does the word and page number match?

Practice this as many times as you need too. In time, you will get it right. You will be able to read up to an entire sentence. It's rare for people to get the word and page number right the first time, but some psychics have managed to do so within the first 1-3 times.

8. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    Very good tips here Metasaience-
    I do feel like something is pushing me to "experiment." I've done plenty of astral projecting and/or lucid dreaming unknowingly. Now that I know, I want to get as much information as possible on how to perfect this thing. Especially now that soo many changes are happening in my life. I feel projecting would be great for anyone. We accept diagnosis from reliable doctors all the time whether it be good for us or not. Why not learn about ourselves through silence and meditation. I feel you Soulosophy. I have been scared out of my mind during these dreams or experiences. However, they taught me about myself. My fears and so called limitations that I accepted. It allowed me to confront them and not be afraid anymore.

9. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    From a chinese perspective.

I came across this and thought I would share it here:

"Daoism believes the human spirit consists of two components, the Original Spirit and the Personality (Post-Birth Spirit). Prior to the birth of a baby, a Spiritual Luminance enters the womb. The Combination of the Spiritual Luminance, the innate-qi, and innate-jing results in Original Spirit. The Original Spirit contains knowledge learned from numerous other lifetimes about the Truth of the cosmos, and higher potentials. It is stored in the deep concsiousness. Original Spirit appears as light, and has multiple colours. The Personality includes the learning and experience in this lifetime. It has an overshadowing and suppresing effect on the Original Spirit.

"Our Original Spirit contains information from numerous past lifetimes. Our Personality only contains information we learned in this lifetime. Original Spirit is hundreds of thousands of times wiser than our Personality. Through training we will allow the Original Spirit to emerge. Our Original Spirit can enter the astral planes (fourth and higher dimensions). When Original Spirit enters the astral planes, it can receive the teachings and help from Spiritual Guides and attain higher wisdom.

"Both Daoists and Traditional Chinese Medicine believe that humans consist of three finer spirits and seven baser spirits, together they animate the human body. The three finer spirits are classified as yang and the seven baser spirits are classified as yin. The cultivation of the spirit in Daoist training is to cultivate the three finer spirits to become Yang Spirit and the seven baser spirits to become Yin Spirit. The combination of the Yin Spirit and the Yang Spirit is the Original Spirit. Further cultivation combines the Original Spirit with Dao.

"The astral travels of the Original Spirit is not the same as an out of body experience. Most of our body experience are usually that of the Yin Spirit leaving the body when individuals are sleeping, are ill and weak, and sometimes during early stages of qigong training. The Yin Spirit can easily be affected and attacked by ghosts on the lower astral planes, as well as, one's own negative Pesonality. The astral travels of the Yin Spirit are usually confined to the lower astral planes. When the Yang Spirit travels, it travels up to the higher planes. It does not float around.

"When the Original Spirit astral travels, it leaves the bodythrough the baihui point, belly button, and other spiritual connection points on the body. Its travels are far and extensive, as it receives the guidance and teachings of the Spiritual Guides, to attain Great Wisdom, and continue the evolution of the spirit. When the Original Spirit is no longer regulated by yin-yang and the Five Elements of the Lower Plane, it will be able to achieve swift and enormous evolution. The wisdom and pure essence brought back to the physical body by the Original Spirit are also beneficial to the body, and sets a solid foundation for immortality. This type of spirit evolution process is much greater than going through countless reincarnations."

Source: (pg. 86-87, Qigong Empowerment).

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    As we go along I will add more PDF downloads to the thread for those who are seriously interested in learning more about the topic and for those who need to research the subject more before trying anything.

Flake's Astral Projection Book:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-36c033b1.html

Astral projection, like most higher spiritual sciences- is not for everyone. We must also understand very clearly that there is not any one single method or technique that works. If you are scared to death of the idea of astral projection, it's best to find some other light-hearted means of developing your spirituality. Reading is fine as far as getting to understand what you are doing, why and how you are doing it- but in the end, it will come down to practice and experimentation.

In the past, I've always stressed the similarities between the astral world and the internet. I'm not sure how many people realize the internet is indeed another dimension that we project our mind into in order to interact with people from all over the globe.

There are millions of people, surprisingly, that still see the internet as a "dangerous" place. As if, the same people on the internet don't exist in the real world. The internet is still viewed as some type of portal to which "visual condoms" are required. For children, that might be true. People speak about the internet still, as if it is not a legitimate component of their lives or that, their lives cannot be altered by it. Ironically, the astral world is treated with the same light. In fact, before the internet, the place where we exchanged information "virtually" happened on the electronic highways of the telepathic and psychic web, realms that are composed by the dream and astral worlds.

The very same dangers that exist in this realm we call the internet exist also in the astral world. Like the astral world, if it is our intent to bring our egos here, or whatever negative issues we have in our real lives here, it is our choice to do so. In time, those who master the astral world as well as the internet learn to leave their personalities at the door. In both worlds, it is your own personal choice if you want to wear your emotions on your sleeve. It is your personal choice if you want to project your exact identity into another realm. You could also choose to protect your ID, and become someone or something totally different that what you are.

Why do people use the internet? To get information, to interact with other people socially, to check their messages, to market their businesses, to go to school and educate themselves. The astral world shares the same features.

I would tell someone learning astral projection the same thing I would tell something learning how to get on the internet. There are places on internet you will never be able to reach unless someone gave you the codes into it. All the places that are accessed on the internet are accessed because they are open for that purpose. Some sites use a person's computer as a zombie to transfer data packs to it, and retrieve them later on when that data program- a spybot has recorded everything they've typed into their keyboard. Some sites like yahoo, aol- monitor all communication on their servers. Data that is used later on to devise ways to control people's interests and social activities.

That should have any internet beginner peeing in their pants. But are these things a limitation to what we can experience on the internet? No. They are indeed dangerous realities, but not enough to outbalance our true "intent" for using the internet for positive means.

It's funny that there are people who are terrified of sites like Destee.com, where Black people speak so openly against their oppression. Some Black people think that those of us who speak that way online are in danger and are on some FBI/CIA homeland security list. This might as well be true. As if being black in the general world was not dangerous enough. This is what I say to such people. The most dangerous Black people on the internet and those who never reveal they are black in the first place, and are usually in white forum groups- acting White in order to send Whites folks off on wild goose chases, peppering their minds with all types of fallacies. If I was in the FBI/CIA I would worry more about those people.

Ironically, the most dangerous 'beings" in the astral realm do the same thing. There are beings who will show up just to give us some off the wall advice that will send us on a long chase going backwards. I often wonder why some of them do it, if they get a thrill from it. I think sometimes it is to teach us a lesson that the truth is within, and if someone is not confirming your own inner truth, then it shouldn't matter to you...and perhaps they get a thrill from it too.

PROJECTION TIPS

Like anything else, there will be times when "projecting" will not work, no matter what you try. Personally I believe it has something to do with high energy fields around us and low mood. There are times during the day for example that if I try to project astrally, I would only end up still within my own mind wondering what happened. For those times it helps to do allot of very deep peaceful breathing, and detach yourself from everything that might be heavy on your mind at that time.

During the day because because the world is up and alive, people are moving about- there are more fields of energy all over the place and sometimes this energy can disturb and interfere with our travel. However, I found it interesting that astral travel happens very quickly if you are sitting in the sun and the sunlight is on your skin. So a nice meditation in the park or garden for example as a practice should help you to get the hang of it.

When you are in that peaceful meditation state, and you are counting backwards from 10 to 1, walking down a step from each number, going deeper and deeper down into your subconscious mind, as you slip into that trace- to experiment with your mind's ability to detach itself, just allow yourself to drift out of the body and see where you go. Don't try to control anything, don't try to navigate yourself right or left up or down, just drift. What is very important in the beginning to to gain a sense of actually traveling away from the body. You might see all types of things at first. Strange flashes, hear buzzing sounds etc., but in time you will be able to focus your mind into a field of your choice.