Black Relationships : Asking a Woman’s Father For Her Hand In Marriage

Ok, you have gotten over just hanging out with girls. You are exclusively dating one woman, and you know she's "the one".

Should you ask her Father's permission for her hand in marriage? Is that tradition obsolete? Is it respectable, or chauvinistic? What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

*smile*

This tradition is obsolete if you had an absent father, my biological father who I know phone number and address is mad at me for never introducing him to my husband beforehand and getting a mail invite instead of a in person or phone call family session. No I dont have a adopted father and bio father was usually summoned to visit us via my grandmother, state and my mother. Since there are so many people like me in the 18-25 range today that "who care what that n..... thinks" would be the response.

Ok, you have gotten over just hanging out with girls. You are exclusively dating one woman, and you know she's "the one".

Should you ask her Father's permission for her hand in marriage? Is that tradition obsolete? Is it respectable, or chauvinistic? What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

*smile*

Depends on if he (The Parents) know me already or not. If the Parents don't know me, I would hold off and spend some time getting to know them.. and then.. when the time is right.. I would ask the Parents.

In a respectful society.. that is how it should be done.. in my opinion.. in fact.. that is exactly how it's done in many parts of the world.. Places where they still recognize that marriage is union of individuals AND their families.

*smile*

You should ask her father’s permission for her hand in marriage. The father is an essential role in her life (hopefully), and by wedding his daughter you are becoming a part of their family. A good relationship between the father and son-in-law is important for a good family dynamic.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back