The Front Porch : Ask a white guy anything.....

It must be subconscious then.

I don't need luck, you told on yourself, just keep typing, it all comes out eventually.

Listen I don't know who you're used to talking with, I'm not one of those suckers. I made my point.

Didn't find that quote did you? hehe :lol:

"Unlike some here", is another way of saying "i'm not them.

So now you're trying to change my words to suit your argument?

Oh now it was really ONE person. Why did you have to preface your comment at all which is my point...

Because I didn't agree with his viewpoint and I chose to point that out.

...but seriously stop the double talk. You go from some to ONE and we're the ones with the misunderstanding. lol

Double talk? Oh... I'm sorry. Excuse me for assuming that you might understand the subtleties of sarcasm and innuendo. My bad.

1) The education gap is just a symptom, it's not the underlying cause of the problem. The problem lies in what creates that gap. There is an entire socio-economic system that exists in our society that makes it next to impossible to have a level playing field when it comes to education, starting from a very early age. Poor black kids are much more likely than wealthier white kids to live in a less than stable home environment. Some go to school hungry, or are victims of domestic abuse, have no heat or electricity at home, live in areas that are crime and gang ridden, attend schools that have antiquated textbooks and computers, no heat or air conditioning, crumbling buildings, asbestos, etc., some have to get an after school job to help support their family, and these kids are expected to focus, learn, and make the same grades as wealthier white kids who more than likely don't have these issues?

2) There's also access. Even middle class black kids fall behind because they still tend to live in poorer school districts with higher teacher to student ratios, and with poorer quality teachers. And most are lower middle class, meaning their parents don't have the extra money to afford quality tutors, or to send them to private schools or to be stay at home parents. Many live in single parent households, so their parent doesn't have as much time to devote to helping their kids with homework because they're working to keep food on the table.

3) Let's look at the opportunities for whites & blacks with equal amounts of education. Studies have shown that a black person with a Masters degree has roughly the same chance of getting a job as a white person with only a Bachelors, a black person with a Bachelors has the same chance of getting a job as a white person with only a high school diploma, and a black person with only a HS diploma has the same chance of getting a job as a white person with no HS diploma, proving that the element of racism still exists and plays a sizeable role in the job market.

4) And then there's the issue of connections. Most of my white friends got their jobs because they knew someone who knew someone who's uncle worked at "____ Company" and got them an internship, which led to a paying job. Most blacks don't have this same privilege. We don't have the same access to people in positions of power in our chosen fields. That's not to say that my white friends didn't work hard in school, but having that extra help gave them an advantage, thus the reason black people know that we have to work twice as hard as a white person just to get our foot in the door.

i'm not going to get into that first statement...i just wanted to add onto your observations of the educational system here in the usa...

i know a principal down in florida and she works in a predominantly white school district....
on several occasions at the school board meetings the white parents would say that they don't want "those" kids in their school and us parents care about our kids...

there is a politics to education that discriminates against lower economic black kids that most don't even know about...the inner city schools level of tutelage pales in comparison to upper class schools...these are public schools we are talking about...

this is one of the reasons why last weekend 73 people were shot in chicago...no jobs for the uneducated blacks...until there is some level of equality in the schools the financial gap between races will continue to have a great disparity....

one love
khasm

Those in the civil rights movement who "exercised their black power" did so by conversing with white people.
Are you saying their efforts were in vain?
i was in the CRM. i registered black people to vote. was i 'conversing with whites'?
do you see the bus boycott as 'conversing with whites'?
do you see the sit ins as 'conversing with whites'?

maybe i am confused?

Didn't find that quote did you? hehe :lol:

lol Didn't need a quote your explanation said it all. You wanting a quote is just your way of diversion.

So now you're trying to change my words to suit your argument?
How long are you going to play this stupid game?
You said "unlike some here', then you changed it one, then became defensive when people didn't "understand" you meant one when you typed some.

Double talk? Oh... I'm sorry. Excuse me for assuming that you might understand the subtleties of sarcasm and innuendo. My bad.
Funny you should say this then type I'm trying to change your words when english is a bastardized language base on innuendo and interpretation and you "assume" I don't understand the subtleties. Cute I must say.

Remember that next time you ask somebody for some and they give you one. And you say hey I asked for some and they say well from what I understand that when you say some you really mean one.

i was in the CRM. i registered black people to vote. was i 'conversing with whites'?
do you see the bus boycott as 'conversing with whites'?
do you see the sit ins as 'conversing with whites'?

maybe i am confused?
They were not there, they cannot see what you see. I know you this, i'm just saying. This is a result of all the suppression of reality that you seen since pick up especially since the 1950's.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back