The Front Porch : Ask a white guy anything.....

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
And she gave it back to me, tit for tat:

FYI

What you quoted as her "tit for tat" ... isn't that at all ... in my opinion.

She said : I suggest you take your own advice in terms of learning to read with comprehension.

And no where in there is she calling you trifling or anything else.

Maybe i need to see more, but as i've said before, pointing out someone else's possible wrongdoing, is no defense to yours. Not at this point in the process. If you are truly offended by what she or another says, report it, before you are warned ... or else i'm thinking it wasn't worthy of reporting before you got in trouble, only after ... and i'm gonna go with your actions before (that it obviously didn't bother you that much), not after.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Sister ... i haven't read all that's been said in this thread, but i'd be shocked and amazed if Sister CreativeGrl defamed, ridiculed, threw garbage on, or painted as fools, our Ancestors. I think that's your interpretation of what she said, which is considerably different than her actually doing these things. If she did do them, give me some direct links to it, i'd like to see.
I didn't say she did. I was explaining the reason I got so upset:

Destee, I've commented on other threads about posters and/or their parents who stayed SAFE in the comfort of their home, sitting before the TV set and watching the foot soldiers of the Civil Rights Movement bleed ....as they changed the history of the world. I've talked about how the children of those brave, courageous, young black, barely men and women are so very PROUD of their parents' taking their lives and nascent futures in their hands and stepping out on faith in defense of their people and dignity.
Yes, you'll always come out much better if you report their violations, instead of responding to them in like manner ... plus ... it gives you to know what is and is not a violation. Yes. that's a much better route ... thank you for considering it ... :)
No, thank you for informing me of another way of thinking, another way to be human. Again, I always say that when you come to MBs, you meet people who DON'T think like you and your family and friends, think.... and it's a challenge. I'm trying hard to live up that challenge.

As far as the "dear" comment ... i'm gonna use this as an example for Brother Enki ... in that ... most would not be offended if they were called "dear" ... Kemetstry does it all the time, and it is has never been considered a rule violation ... but if you are offended by it, feel violated, called out of your name, etc., ... then i will tell Sister CreativeGrl to refer to you only by the name you registered as, in order to keep our peace.
I don't know how Kemestry uses the word, but CG used it to make me feel small. There was NOTHING endearing about it. It was a calculated insult.

Thanks for trying to conform ... i know you can do it ... :weights:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
Oh yea! :lol:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I didn't say she did. I was explaining the reason I got so upset:

It's good to know she didn't do that. Thanks.

No, thank you for informing me of another way of thinking, another way to be human. Again, I always say that when you come to MBs, you meet people who DON'T think like you and your family and friends, think.... and it's a challenge. I'm trying hard to live up that challenge.

awwwww ... :love: ... it really is challenging to meet up with folk that think TOTALLY different than you, and have to be respectful to them, but that is our (this community's) cup to drink from. I just happen to believe we can do it. From all different backgrounds, locations, faiths, life paths, etc., we can come together and share the diversity of our lives with each walking away all the richer for it. Yep, i believe in us ... :wink:

I don't know how Kemestry uses the word, but CG used it to make me feel small. There was NOTHING endearing about it. It was a calculated insult.

See ... while it will be a violation for her or someone to call you dear, it's the first time in 16 years i've ever warned anyone about referring to someone as dear. Even though i never did it before, you are well within your rights to not be referred to that way (out of your name) ... and i have asked Sister CreativeGrl (asking now) to not do that again .. and i'm confident she won't. I don't think she meant it as a bad thing, but what i think doesn't even matter, you think it was an insult ... and that's good enough for me.

Love You!

Destee

CreativeGrl

Dec 13, 2009
Then let ME hit the REPORT button, for my name is NOT "dear." I said it before and I'll say it again - don't you DARE ever call me OUT OF MY NAME again! My username is Kadijah. Anything else is defamatory, abusive and hateful....
Since when is the word "dear" an abusive and hateful statement? Nevertheless, I will not use the term again, at YOUR request, Destee.

So why are you posting snide comments to ME?!!!
Because it was an A / B conversation between jamesfrmphilly and me, and you took it upon yourself to "C" your way into it.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Sister ... i haven't read all that's been said in this thread, but i'd be shocked and amazed if Sister CreativeGrl defamed, ridiculed, threw garbage on, or painted as fools, our Ancestors. I think that's your interpretation of what she said, which is considerably different than her actually doing these things. If she did do them, give me some direct links to it, i'd like to see.

Yes, you'll always come out much better if you report their violations, instead of responding to them in like manner ... plus ... it gives you to know what is and is not a violation. Yes. that's a much better route ... thank you for considering it ... :)

As far as the "dear" comment ... i'm gonna use this as an example for Brother Enki ... in that ... most would not be offended if they were called "dear" ... Kemetstry does it all the time, and it is has never been considered a rule violation ... but if you are offended by it, feel violated, called out of your name, etc., ... then i will tell Sister CreativeGrl to refer to you only by the name you registered as, in order to keep our peace.

Thanks for trying to conform ... i know you can do it ... :weights:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
:10100: .o0( So calling someone dear is an offensive slur now? )

mywordsfly

Nov 11, 2012
Again, no.
Education is available to all, but the desire to strongly pursue it is not a characteristic of the general population. Why are Asians and Jews perceived by many as being brighter than other groups? Because of their academic excellence. Does that mean they are more intelligent than others? Or does it mean instead that they live in households and cultures that value education and actively push their children to excel?
Sadly, many young people grow up in households that do not push them to work hard to succeed.
I hate to make a rant out of this, but I'd like you, for a second, to see this precious "education" for what it kind of seems to be.

The problem is that the only education available is the kind of education YOUR race prefers. The type that can help everyone live a solitary, confused existence void of "real" activities (and by "real" I don't mean the TV, cooking out of a box/with the microwave, writing down facts about great white men of the past).

Do you think that the type of education that is "available to all" is the type of education that gives us assets to offer? The problem is that we go to your schools and aren't taught much of anything at all. We're taught to memorize facts and that we get detention if we skip or are late. And with bare minimum, most of us get to pass. That's the FREE education.

Next we're asked to PAY for the education that will set us ahead of the game. This education trains us in one specific area--but we are still not exactly trained for every day life, are we? We're all using microwaves, can't grow anything, can't build anything, couldn't do anything without this system we have been raised in. Most of us snacking on GMO and flouride cuz we don't know any better. Getting dumber and dumber with every meal.

What's worse, is that then some of us finish college, but every time a black person gets hired, a white man gets mad. He claims it's "reverse racism" and that we got hired only because we were black, not because we were good for the job. He thinks that the jobs should go to people he knows are good candidates, never mind that all of these close friends are white.

And let's say I got the job, no problem? (Which is hard, considering a white man is more likely to choose a white felon over a black man with no criminal record). Now I have to watch other people do the same job as me, but get paid more. They don't say it's cuz the other guy's white. It just sure seems that way, statistically.

And lastly, now I have money. WONDERFUL!!! Now I get to live as a white man does, and collect STUFF to store on my property! I have made it! Success!

Do you see where this gets deranged, at all, for a society? Do you see why, perhaps, I'm not impressed?

mywordsfly

Nov 11, 2012
Because I am white, you assume that I am incapable of empathy. Sometimes I wish it were so. You listen to the stories of a Liberian war refugee and her family, the last remnants of a formerly large family who were butchered in their own home by machete wielding thugs. Or the story of a South American girl who lived on the streets as a child of ten, repeatedly beaten and gang raped while trying to stay alive to try to feed and protect her two younger siblings. I've got more of these stories, too many more. The sleep I have lost, the tears I have shed: would you feel the same, would you understand? Or would their different skin color harden your heart against empathy? It hasn't hardened mine.
It is only pathetic you mention those war-torn children, because it was your ancestors that brought her's to their knees. The effects are what you raise your eyebrows in shock to now.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Since when is the word "dear" an abusive and hateful statement? Nevertheless, I will not use the term again, at YOUR request, Destee.
When it's used to make another feel small (FAILED!) and as an insult. I couldn't care less at WHOSE request you not use it, just don't come at me all sideways and then run whining to Destee when you reap what you sow.

Because it was an A / B conversation between jamesfrmphilly and me, and you took it upon yourself to "C" your way into it.
When it comes to impunging the honor of my forefathers by LYING about their motives and actions, including my parents, yea, I'm funny that way. I don't stand on the sidelines. I come to their defense. You don't like it, tough. Ya reap what ya sow. :spank:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: