The Front Porch : Ask a white guy anything.....

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by AskaWhiteguy, Jun 25, 2013.

1. AskaWhiteguy

AskaWhiteguy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey everyone. One of my Black friends encouraged me to do this(he's doing the same thing on a white forum). All in the interest of finding out more about each other, and hopefully to clear some of the disconnect that we have. This is for questions that you have had that you've never had the opportunity to ask, or you just don't feel comfortable asking in person.

Nothing is off the table, as long as it's genuine. My background is a white male, late 20's, and I was born and raised in the south. Feel free to ask away....

2. DrSeide

DrSeide Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +25
    lol

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    u and ur black friend are exhibiting trollish behavior...
    if we wanted to ask a white guy anything we wouldn't be here....
    when u next meet up with ur black friend say this...
    wonder troll powers activate....lol

shape of a dunce cap...
    form of a donkey...

one love
    khasm

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

5. AskaWhiteguy

Ratings:
    +2

We just thought it would be a way to answer questions that people of another race have always wondered, but never had the opportunity to ask. Mainly to help with some of the disconnect that white and blacks have.

He just texted me and asked "how's it going". I told him I've gotten one "lol", one who called me a "troll", and another that implied that this was a bad idea.

He's had a little more success than I have, apparently he has fielded everything from "how do you get waves in your hair" to how often he feels discriminated against.

Again, feel free to ask anything......

6. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Is that white site stormfront, vnn, revleft, or chimpout.com?

I have question for you: Does it leave you scratching your head when you read comments from the hillbillies on, lets say stromfront, then come here an witness for yourself the brilliance, pride, and intelligence that they say we don't have?

They say they love their own, so I think what would have been a better experiment was to put that to the test. You, being white; should go there and tell them how wrong they are. Then you would see that love for you in all of it unintelligent forms, form a people that claim to be above us.:11100:

Peace!

7. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    This is a big misconception people have...how can you represent so called "white people" alone? or your friend so called "black people"?

It is impossible for you to clear up disconnect because we all are different for instance I don't have a disconnect so... :). I think it would be better to just show the way you feel and care for humanity as a whole while you live your life.

8. AskaWhiteguy

Ratings:
    +2

Not sure what site he wen't to, I'll ask...

I've never been to any of those, I'm guessing they're white supremacist/racist sites? I dont know any white supremacist, and I don't like to be in the company of racist.

"so I think what would have been a better experiment was to put that to the test. You, being white; should go there and tell them how wrong they are."

As my dad always said "you cant fix stupid". People like that are generally uneducated, ignorant, and wont change. Anyone who paints with a broad brush like that will never get it.

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    why are so many of you racists?

10. AskaWhiteguy

Ratings:
    +2

I'm not trying to represent an entire race, just myself. For instance, a friend of mine told me he hates the term "African American", because it somewhat implies he's less American. I never knew any black people felt that way, and I'd be willing to bet most white people didnt either. Just little stuff like that.

My goal wasn't to fix all of the issues between whites and blacks, but mainly provide an opportunity to ask a white person a question you've wondered but never had the opportunity to. I guess what I'm saying is you're looking a little too much into it.

My friend told me hes had tons of questions, and that he still has a lot to answer. I haven't had one. Maybe I chose the wrong site? Maybe it's different when it's the other way around?

Oh well, I thought it was worth a shot. Have a good day everyone.