Black Relationships : Asian Women White Guys

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by twashing, Jul 5, 2007.

1. twashing

twashing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I was in New York last week and met up with a friend. Now, through out the days and nights on the town, it was hard not to miss all of the very beautiful Asian women that were dating white guys only. In fact, on one particular night, myself and a friend were talking about the issue and began to keep count. Every time we saw a beautiful Asian woman with a date, we would observe who the date was. It was almost embarrassing that every single Asian woman period, that we saw dating another guy, was a white guy.

I didn't really know how to frame that, so my friend told me a story about his Asian American male friend. It basically went that he was dating a beautiful Asian woman when that woman left him for a white guy. He hasn't been able to get a date or relationship ever since and has started to drink heavily. Now, I know from other Asian friends, that this is a very hot issue - the source of a lot of anger. I mean I see the odd Black woman that dates white men exclusively, but never en masse.

That's kinda weird. Where does it come from? It can't JUST be the trophy white boyfriend... can it? I'm interested to understand the dynamics that play out among Asian American men and women. What's going on here?

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Oh C'mon...PLEASE do not tell me this is News to you...LOL...

This has been going on in many, many cities since Asians came over here! Someone who I used to work with back in my Hometown area (she is Asian) is married to a White Guy...this is no mystery!

Correct me if I am wrong, but Asians appeal to Europeans, in much the same way that Latinos appeal to us. One thing I use to prove this is that I am currently doing a Program where a few of the participants flew here directly from Puerto Rico. Even though they may "look" like White folks, they appeal to Our People moreso than they do White folks, and there are White folks everywhere. In fact, they barely interact with them.

All I have to say in closing is this is 2007...you will come across, and experience things much worse than this.

MK

3. twashing

Ratings:
    +7
    That's funny man. No, in Montreal and Toronto, you'll see more "cool" looking Asian guys. And they are dating Asian and White women. Now, you still have a lot of Asian women chasing White guys, but not to the degree that I saw it in NYC. It was just freaky.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...Speaking as a Native New Yorker, let me say that we are talking about New York City...ANYTHING that you can conceive in your Mind is 99% guaranteed to happen in NYC.

MK

5. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    this is an isolated incident lol

twashing sounds like you were stuck in chelsea or soho

but definitely somewhere in Manhattan

lol

6. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved MWkg Kwabena writes: ...Speaking as a Native New Yorker, let me say that we are talking about New York City...ANYTHING that you can conceive in your Mind is 99% guaranteed to happen in NYC.

LOL. :great: Answer. I lived in New York and that statement is True.

HILY/A:hearts1:

7. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    It's all about financial security. A white man equal dollar signs and luxury living to Asian women. Well thats how I see it.

8. twashing

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, that's totally true!!! During the week, we were in the meat packing district, chelsea and the east village among other places. That's a good point actually. I don't know that you'd see a lot of Asian girls at all in the Bronx or Harlem.

Wow.

9. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    From my experience in working with the public and having asian friends...you are right. There are two types of black men that Asian women are drawn to. Military men who will bring them back to America with them and black men who don't mind buying diamonds and gold and other material things. They love "real" jewelry...not costume. So a brother will have to step his game up most of the time to be with one of them if he didn't bring her back from asia to the states. Most of these women can not treated like a white woman. Most of them demand respect and will not take care of a man who won't work nor tolerate one who doesn't make good money. They are a very class oriented type people. While asian women in foreign countries are more apt to get with a brotha in order to come to America, most of the Asian women born here want white men because in their eyes, he is the alpha male. The black man is something to flirt with but not marry unless they are in a second or third class situation in their own country where he is stationed at.