Black People : Asian love

as a Buddhist...i love both...i understand the African roots of Buddhism and I deal accordingly. I also have a love of my Nubian aspects, which is older than Kemetics, not to displace Kemetic in any form.

I try to remain open, loving and enjoying certain aspects of all cultures, cause all cultures have added something.

To say I 'hate black culture" because I happen to enjoy studing world culture....seems a bit extremist and harsh.

it's funny to me, that in a most European-derived society, wearing Euro-styled clothing, baseball caps and the like, how we can accuse others of "hating black people" if we happen to study other cultures?

the pot calling the kettle black.

Destee said:
You know what yall ... i went to McDonald's yesterday to get a salad, and the only one they had left was the ASIAN salad! I had never considered buying one of these, so i had to stop and see what exactly it had in it. After doing that, i left with no salad.

But it got me to thinking ... McDonald's sells an Asian salad ... do you think they'll ever serve an African salad?

There are more "Africans" in America than Asians, aren't there?

How the Asians get a salad, but we don't?

Okay, i know i'm pushing it ... but i surely thought these things!

:heart:

Destee

I don't think you're pushing it Des, in fact, I think it's all relevant. It doesn't take anyone in America long to see what is valued and promoted and vice versa. I think the treatment of Africans/Blacks is consistent throughout this American culture. The problem for many of us is that we can't see how we've been programmed to overlook ourselves, not think highly of us and think that we don't matter. In terms of even food/cuisine, people want to look at what's called "soul food" and criticize it left and right for being a major contributor to our demise health-wise. As though all other types of food won't kill you just the same. I see FAT Italians, French, Asians...but it doesn't stop people from featuring their cuisine as though it's exquisitely tasting and the food of the gods. Then, in terms of our own consciousness...when you look at the quality of foods called "soul food", it doesn't compete with foods from other cultures when it's described because we've been taught that it's made up of whatever scraps or pieces that wasn't seen fit by white folk to consume....but we ate it and guess what, we're still standing. Here and again, all of these things in this culture have an impact on the way we think of ourselves. When's the last time you walked through your local grocery store here in America, in the international section and seen products on the shelves from Africa? I see Itailian, Mexican, French, Jewish, Chinese and on and on....I ain't buying it.

I'm going off on a tangent so I'll end here....for now.

asian love...

NNQueen said:
I don't think you're pushing it Des, in fact, I think it's all relevant. It doesn't take anyone in America long to see what is valued and promoted and vice versa. I think the treatment of Africans/Blacks is consistent throughout this American culture. The problem for many of us is that we can't see how we've been programmed to overlook ourselves, not think highly of us and think that we don't matter. In terms of even food/cuisine, people want to look at what's called "soul food" and criticize it left and right for being a major contributor to our demise health-wise. As though all other types of food won't kill you just the same. I see FAT Italians, French, Asians...but it doesn't stop people from featuring their cuisine as though it's exquisitely tasting and the food of the gods. Then, in terms of our own consciousness...when you look at the quality of foods called "soul food", it doesn't compete with foods from other cultures when it's described because we've been taught that it's made up of whatever scraps or pieces that wasn't seen fit by white folk to consume....but we ate it and guess what, we're still standing. Here and again, all of these things in this culture have an impact on the way we think of ourselves. When's the last time you walked through your local grocery store here in America, in the international section and seen products on the shelves from Africa? I see Itailian, Mexican, French, Jewish, Chinese and on and on....I ain't buying it.

I'm going off on a tangent so I'll end here....for now.
see,now ya'll have made me hungry,i think i'll order some[shrimp fried rice,or do i want spegetti]smile.

Destee said:
You know what yall ... i went to McDonald's yesterday to get a salad, and the only one they had left was the ASIAN salad! I had never considered buying one of these, so i had to stop and see what exactly it had in it. After doing that, i left with no salad.

But it got me to thinking ... McDonald's sells an Asian salad ... do you think they'll ever serve an African salad?

There are more "Africans" in America than Asians, aren't there?

How the Asians get a salad, but we don't?

Okay, i know i'm pushing it ... but i surely thought these things!

:heart:

Destee

Racist whites are too busy associating us with watermelon, ribs and fried chicken. If we do this, then we're being stupid and self-hating.

Being associated with a food is offensive... it doesn't really matter what the race is.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back